Issues with Sennheiser GSP302

denzelULT

I purchased a sennheiser gsp302, the sound is decent (it seems a bit quiet even with the wheel all the way up) but other than that the sound is actually pretty good. However, I'm having issues with the microphone. it's very very static-y and even when not talking it makes noise (as if i was to hold the mic really close to my pc and you'd hear the fan spinning), I've never had this issue with any of my previous headsets. I plug the headset in to the back I/O of my pc (B450 Aorus Elite by Gigabyte motherboard), when I moved the two plugs to the front I/O I was still having the same issue.

Does anyone know how I can make the microphone sound better? I was looking on youtube and the mic tests seem really good with this headset but in my experience it's really poor.

I can always return the headset but I'd rather see if anything can solve this issue as returning it would be a bit long

Can you test it with some other device like your phone or something like that.  If you have the same problem, I would rma them cause it's most likely the headset that is faulty. 

If the sound is good then it's coming from your onboard audio and you might want to get a sound card ... internal or external is up to you but I would say that external remove the risk of electrical interference coming from inside the pc.  Personally I have the syba sonic which is a budget option, but it's doing the job ok and the sound quality is decent. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD