Random fps drops/stutters in everything!

Rbloodyeddy

so 2 nights ago my pc was acting completely normal, i turned it off before going to bed. Turned it on the next morning and hopped on destiny 2, started to notice it would fps drop every few mins just for a quick second. Then i close my game and notice its still happening even in common window tasks, even just having nothing open i would just move my cursor around and notice skips here and there. 

I really dont know where to start to try and figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Even typing this right now i experience stutters(locks up for a brief second)

What are your specs? Have you checked the task manager to see if anything is spiking when it stutters?

its kind of hard to see since it just locks/unlocks and just goes back to normal.  

looking at task manager. says 100% cpu usage but when i look at my usage/temps on nzxt cam..its low usage compared.

Specs.PNG

Task Manager.PNG

Nzxt Cam.PNG

46 minutes ago, Rbloodyeddy said:

its kind of hard to see since it just locks/unlocks and just goes back to normal.  

looking at task manager. says 100% cpu usage but when i look at my usage/temps on nzxt cam..its low usage compared.

Specs.PNG

Task Manager.PNG

Nzxt Cam.PNG

Are you able to go into the resource monitor and wait for it to happen to see what process its utilising your CPU to 100%?

sorry for the super late response. So i reinstalled windows right now, so far nothings wrong, but i havent updated my gpu drivers yet. that kind of makes me think its the gpu driver. Im going to install the driver the old way instead of using geforce experience. ill keep you updated