Backspace on Android deleting words when deleting new line

Moonzy

Browser, version and OS: android 10, chrome

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Write 2 sentences, delete the new line on 2nd sentence to make them into one sentence

What happened?

First alphabet of 2nd sentence will be deleted, sometimes, or other weird things like not actually deleting the new line but deleting the alphabet instead

What did you expect to happen?

Deleting new line, make sentence into one

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

In my (brief) testing, I can't reproduce this, with GBoard or SwiftKey on Chrome stable or beta. It does place the caret in the wrong place (after the first letter of what was previously the second line) after backspacing, but it doesn't delete anything other than the new line.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

In my (brief) testing, I can't reproduce this, with GBoard or SwiftKey on Chrome stable or beta. It does place the caret in the wrong place (after the first letter of what was previously the second line) after backspacing, but it doesn't delete anything other than the new line.

it's not very consistent, what u describe happened too

sometimes you cant delete the new line (happened while i was trying to delete lines in a quote)

sometimes it deletes characters, sometimes it does not

perhaps it's double registering the backspace? (delete newline + move cursor to in back of 1st alphabet of 2nd sentence, then 2nd register deletes the alphabet)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately