Ideas for a £900 Gaming PC

Exia 00

Budget (including currency): £900

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Doom eternal, CS:GO, Apex, ect....

Hey all.

So a friend of mine has a son who wants to build a new gaming PC for Christmas. He has a budget of £700 for a pc and then £400 for two monitors.

I feel that £400 for two monitors is way to much and would rather spend £900 on the PC then £200 for either one good montior or two if possible.

I think an AMD platform would be the way forward due to price to preformance. Minimum 16gb ram, A pretty good GPU and of course............RGB 🙄

I could use some advice and maybe some build ideas as it's been awhile since I've built a brand new system. Last thing I want to do is recommend some parts and they're not compatable the the like.

So yeah, any help would be great!

If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.

That's great, thank you Boggy!

If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.

This Patriot Ram is a bit cheaper. Also maybe consider a 24" 144Hz 1080p screen like the one below, as it will make mouse movements smoother for fps games.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£56.53 @ CCL Computers) 
Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (£184.97 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £241.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-27 17:32 GMT+0000