Place to sell/give away a 27in flat screen CRT TV

DozerD

Hello,

This is my first post ever on LTT forums. I am not sure if I am breaking any rules...please go easy on me. I have a really nice Panasonic 27in flat screen CRT TV  with front component video. It has really nice built in speakers too. The recycling around me refuses to take CRTs...I was hoping that this would find a happy home instead of being e-waste. I think someone into retro gaming would really appreciate this CRT TV, but I have had it listed for quite some time with no takers.

Do you know of any website or forum where I might find an interested party? Do you know of any recycling in the Chicago land area that would take this CRT?

Is this the right place to post this?

Edited by DozerD

13 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Wait - you are in the Chicago area?
I am too!

If only my parents would let me take it :(

Thanks for your interest! Do you know someone else who would want it? Or maybe someone that could hold on to it for you until you have your own place?

If I had the gas money I'd jump on it for my OG Xbox. BUT, I have a buddy who's really into such things. He might provide shipping costs if that's an option for you. In person pickup would be like a 10+ hour drive, which gets frustrating and expensive, so he won't wanna do that, unlike myself. Wimp :P. Anyway, marking thread for his sake.

1 hour ago, DozerD said:

Thanks for your interest! Do you know someone else who would want it? Or maybe someone that could hold on to it for you until you have your own place?

Are you sure you want to wait 5 years?

elephants

Put it on Craigslist or LetGo. We put up an old IBM PC XT 5160 for free on LetGo a couple of years ago and someone fairly local came and took it. They either wanted it for for a store decoration or a sort of museum piece. Can't remember which. Either way, they were putting it on display.

If you were a little further south, I'd take it, but I ain't driving to Chicago for TV. Sorry.