New 5800X isn't using turbo boost in 3d mark benchmark?

Hey all,

First AMD Build in a longggggg while.

Anyways, I'm very excited to of received my new 5800X. I've noticed in Time Spy and Time Spy Extreme, the CPU is locked at it's base clock of 3.8GHz. 

I used a friends 3800X so I could update my BIOS and while I had that CPU, I ran some benchmarks and it's turbo boost was being utilized in 3d Mark, and those scores are the same or better than my (non-boosted) 5800X.

The only thing I've done within my BIOS (updated) is enable DOCP.

Would appreciate any help! 

Asus X570 Prime Pro |  AMD 5800X  |  EVGA 3080 FTW  |  Corsair Ballistix 32GB @3600MHz  |  Lian Li O11DW

Check the Windows power settings.

Within the settings there is a power-option for the CPU, which you can use to set a minimum and maximum power state. The minimum should be set to 5% or lower and the maximum of course to 100%. I have encountered this to be stopping many Ryzen CPUs from boosting, especially 2nd gen CPUs. It might be the same for 5th gen CPUs aswell.

Looks like this (mine is of course in German)

image.png.24bf5055bf02c29be0a4a59ec13fcb2e.png

Hey, thanks for your reply! Yea, I made sure the power settings were on high performance. There is an AMD high performance and a regular... I guess I’ll stick with AMD. Either way, they don’t seem to enable power boost in 3D mark. However, i can see in Windows task manager that the processor is certainly going above 4 GHz so I wonder if it’s just a bug within 3d mark. My score seems to be comparable with guru3d’s benchmark score.

Asus X570 Prime Pro |  AMD 5800X  |  EVGA 3080 FTW  |  Corsair Ballistix 32GB @3600MHz  |  Lian Li O11DW

I have the same issue. CPU score with my new 5800x is worse than my 3900x was... CPU clock says 3799MHz the entire benchmark. My power settings are set to full performance. could it just be because the CPU tests uses all cores and the 3900 just has more?

its gotta be the bios i'm guessing.. something about the new one that 3dmark just doesn't like or isn't reading. Because my out of the box score with this CPU was actually almost identical as it is now after i turned on the PBO curve optimizer and am getting like 4900MHz boost clocks.. which makes absolutely no sense. and others online i'm seeing are getting scores with the same motherboard as me and the 5800x getting like 800-1000 higher CPU score?

• 1 month later...

yea my 5800x is also not boosting at all. what ever all core is thats it wont boost past it.