Slow read write speeds.

This is my 4th time writing in these forums, apparently my PC creates new problems every 3 months, anyways. I play Valorant everyday, and my PC was handling it no sweat. But from 2 months ago, there has been a downgrade in my performance. the textures take like 3-5 seconds to load, my game audio randomly disappears for few seconds, and the Voice lines are delayed. After all of this happening, I thought it would be my HDD because the data transfer is slow. But now that I have bought a SSD, I still have the same problem despite of installing it inside the SSD, I also reinstalled my Windows into the SSD. I used CrystalDiskMark to check my Read Write speed of my SSD, and I got like 145MB/s Read and 189MB/s Write Speed (I'll leave a Screenshot below). I don't know what is going on, I thought it could be my 7 year old Motherboard but the website states that the Motherboard supports 6GB/s SATA Speed. Could it be my CPU?

I'll write my specs down here:
i5 3470
RX 570 4GB
8GB Dual Channel RAM
WD Black 1TB HDD
Seagate Barracuda  500GB HDD
Adata SU650 480GB SSD
450W Corsair PSU

2020-11-25.png

6 gigabit not gigabyte. Still is slower than it should. Did you check task manager if there is activity on the drive before you tested? There may be updates or something running interfering with the result. I'd say run the test again to verify but this time with task manager and/or performance monitor too see if something else is interfering.

ø-æ................................ << hmm the cat wrote this, I'm not sure what it means.. I'll leave it in case you understand and it is helpful.

im like 72% sure that ssd doesnt have dram cache, ssd's without it seem to work fine at first but then they kinda go "pffft" after awhile

On 11/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, GoodEnough said:

im like 72% sure that ssd doesnt have dram cache, ssd's without it seem to work fine at first but then they kinda go "pffft" after awhile

Yes, I am using an Adata SU650 which is a DRAM less SSD, but I bought it recently.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, aDoomGuy said:

6 gigabit not gigabyte. Still is slower than it should. Did you check task manager if there is activity on the drive before you tested? There may be updates or something running interfering with the result. I'd say run the test again to verify but this time with task manager and/or performance monitor too see if something else is interfering.

ø-æ................................ << hmm the cat wrote this, I'm not sure what it means.. I'll leave it in case you understand and it is helpful.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't running any tasks back then, except Discord running in the background. Also, thank you Cat, for trying to help!