I need help with port forwarding

pwarrow88

hi i am jack i am just starting to explore the server world and i am not sure how to port forward as i am required to port forward a range of pots for promox however i am unsure how to d that in my router i am working for fluidstack to rent my pc and their instructions are unclear as hell https://www.notion.so/FluidStack-Virtual-Desktop-Program-2-0-b0df1e7b71c5431185d2cf2d4d956b11 here is the link to their instructions hopefully you can help me figure out what on earth they are trying to say thank you in advance

They want you to port forward the WebUI. I wouldn't trust doing that since that's not normally secured by an SSL Certificate on PROXMOX unless you install one. Anybody with an internet connection could get into the server if they figure out the login credentials or brute force it and anybody could scan data you send or receive from the page including said login credentials.

But, ignoring that their instructions appear pretty strait forward. Port Forward the following ports with the PROXMOX IP as your target server:

20000 - 20100

You don't have to use ports 20000 - 20100 but it makes it easier for you just to use what they recommend.

Do you need help navigating your Router? Do you know how to port forward in general?

13 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

They want you to port forward the WebUI. I wouldn't trust doing that since that's not normally secured by an SSL Certificate on PROXMOX unless you install one. Anybody with an internet connection could get into the server if they figure out the login credentials or brute force it and anybody could scan data you send or receive from the page including said login credentials.

But, ignoring that their instructions appear pretty strait forward. Port Forward the following ports with the PROXMOX IP as your target server:

20000 - 20100

You don't have to use ports 20000 - 20100 but it makes it easier for you just to use what they recommend.

Do you need help navigating your Router? Do you know how to port forward in general?

yes i have found the setting in my router however i do not know how to set it up as it my first time thank you so much for helping me though this i have too much time on it as for security concern i am renting the pc out so i don't quite have much concern about that but thank you for warning me anyways

19 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

20000 - 20100

image.thumb.png.9f34dc0f689b266b5364ec5a643be0ea.pnghere is the interface to setup port forwarding which i don quite understand

This is what it looks like to me:

Service Port: 22
IP Address: PROXMOX IP
Internal Port: Same as Service Port

What are in the Protocol and Common Service Port drop-downs?

30 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This is what it looks like to me:

Service Port: 22
IP Address: PROXMOX IP
Internal Port: Same as Service Port

What are in the Protocol and Common Service Port drop-downs?

image.thumb.png.f416f060d2afd595e6548a1a5342a37d.pngimage.thumb.png.bd115cfd07c7c154fef53d06f9fd26b1.pngimage.thumb.png.6cc13d8b103e47a18ed3d972f15b36c2.png

21 minutes ago, pwarrow88 said:

image.thumb.png.f416f060d2afd595e6548a1a5342a37d.png

23 minutes ago, pwarrow88 said:

image.thumb.png.f416f060d2afd595e6548a1a5342a37d.pngimage.thumb.png.bd115cfd07c7c154fef53d06f9fd26b1.pngimage.thumb.png.6cc13d8b103e47a18ed3d972f15b36c2.png

the one thing that is confusing is when i look at YouTube videos online the never show i needed to set any interface