DLAN or WLAN?

Oli515

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me. I wanna get LAN to my TV, PC, PS4 and everything in the living room. Sadly my connector for my router is in the bedroom. Since there is a long hallway and two other rooms in between, a LAN cable is sadly not an option. The Wireless isn't that great to the TV and everything else. So I got two ideas: either try DLAN, with which I had trouble in the past or using a Wifi receiver which has a output LAN port. 

So I was wondering if any of you has any suggestion which device could do a good and stable job, either DLAN or WLAN. 

Thanks in advance!

If you want the speed and reliability of a solid wire you can't really beat taking the time to get a cable ran to that room from your router.

Do you own the home or are you renting? You may be able to run a cable external to the house over to that room.

you can run ethernet in a crawlspace, basement, or attic then drill  a hole through the bottom/top of the wall and drop it/push it through, then adding in a remodel box and ethernet plate are easy. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, Oli515 said:

DLAN

These seem to be power line adapters. They are very hit or miss on if they will work. Id look in to Moca, as its a better standard. BUT thats only if you have Coax already ran to each location. Moca also will have a bit higher latency, but it would be a better connection over all. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.