Storage for games?

Zonal
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
2 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

That’s a good suggestion but my motherboard only has one nvme spot and I’m using it right now. It had an xpg gammix in pretty sure.

go with the mushkin then. I see it's TLC, so should be good.

Hi everyone! I currently have a 512gb nvme for boot and my most played games and a 1tb hdd for the rest of the games and files. Both have like 100gb left and I think I should get new storage. I’d like it to be good for gaming but a hard drive is fine. Probably at least a terabyte. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

Hi everyone! I currently have a 512gb nvme for boot and my most played games and a 1tb hdd for the rest of the games and files. Both have like 100gb left and I think I should get new storage. I’d like it to be good for gaming but a hard drive is fine. Probably at least a terabyte. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

if you want it to be really fast, you could always get another nvme, if your motherboard has enough room, but a hard drive will do. I just got a Seagate Barracuda 2TB (7200RPM) and its great. It comes in a 1TB model too.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

12 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i'd go for a cheap sata ssd.

Is mushkin good?

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what mdoel?

Raw enhanced 1tb. It is on sale on Newegg for $84

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

That’s a good suggestion but my motherboard only has one nvme spot and I’m using it right now. It had an xpg gammix in pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Ok thanks for the advice!

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I just checked Amazon and found team group gx and ex for about $80. Are these better for the price? TEAMGROUP GX2 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD (Read Speed up to 530 MB/s) T253X2001T0C101 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PX2KKHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_6htVFbJVXWBF9

4 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

I just checked Amazon and found team group gx and ex for about $80. Are these better for the price? TEAMGROUP GX2 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD (Read Speed up to 530 MB/s) T253X2001T0C101 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PX2KKHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_6htVFbJVXWBF9

the mushkin should be better