Current Build having issues with 3080

ALB112

Hello, so with my current build:

CPU: i5 8400

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C and I added 2 Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans in the front for intake and the stock fan that comes with the case at the top for exhaust and the rear fan for exhaust.

PSU: Corsair 650 CS ( about 5 years old now)

GPU: Nvidia 3080 EVGA

Mobo: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

Ram: 2x8 Corsair Vengence 2666Mhz 16gb total

4 monitors: 1 27inch 1440p 144hz. 1 27inch 1080p 60hz, 1 24inch 1080p 60hz and 1 21inch 1080p 60hz

The issue I have is when I put my computer to sleep and the next day I wake it up the computer turns on, but the monitors do not and after about 1-5 minutes it restarts. However, before putting the computer to sleep that night I was playing Borderlands 3 on badass settings for 1440p 144hz and the game did crash once. I was also doing causal browsing and youtube watching etc. I have my drivers for the 3080 up to date and guessing the issue is the 3080 card with my current build?

I already ordered parts to upgrade the CPU, motherboard, ram and PSU which include:

• Ryzen 5800X
  • GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER AM4 AMD B550 ATX

• EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GA, 80 Plus Gold 850W

• G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)

I hope with these upgraded parts that I ordered will eliminate the issue I have currently unless it is a driver issue. And of course with new parts come with new problems, so I hope it all goes well.

The issue probably comes from your PSU.
Barely powerful enough for that rig. Not if you go from sleep mode to active, the power spike is huge and you GPU probably doesn't get enough juice.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

Just now, Quickstrike said:

The issue probably comes from your PSU.
Barely powerful enough for that rig. Not if you go from sleep mode to active, the power spike is huge and you GPU probably doesn't get enough juice.

Wait are you saying when I put the computer to sleep mode to active it has a power spike where the GPU isn't getting enough power and causes the monitors to not turn on? I was gonna add that this only happens when I have the computer put to sleep over night or for long periods. The computer wakes up from sleep normally after small periods of times like 30 mins about.

Is one of the monitors a oddessy g monitor? There are some known problems with those monitors

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Is one of the monitors a oddessy g monitor? There are some known problems with those monitors

It is not.

Just now, ALB112 said:

It is not.

ok, then id guess psu not being enough, its a bit of a power hungry build.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, ALB112 said:

Wait are you saying when I put the computer to sleep mode to active it has a power spike where the GPU isn't getting enough power and causes the monitors to not turn on? I was gonna add that this only happens when I have the computer put to sleep over night or for long periods. The computer wakes up from sleep normally after small periods of times like 30 mins about.

Yes, when the pc wakes up, I think the the PSU isn't providing enough power.
You PSU is cold n the morning... the resistances et capacitors behave differently while hot or cold, hence the lack of power. Turn it off at night, stop using sleep or you'll destroy something.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -

4 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

Yes, when the pc wakes up, I think the the PSU isn't providing enough power.
You PSU is cold n the morning... the resistances et capacitors behave differently while hot or cold, hence the lack of power. Turn it off at night, stop using sleep or you'll destroy something.

With the new parts I have ordered, that should be less threatening overall for anything to be damaged?

Just now, ALB112 said:

With the new parts I have ordered, that should be less threatening overall for anything to be damaged?

Yeah, there is a world between a gold and a bronze PSU.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Quickstrike said:

Yeah, there is a world between a gold and a bronze PSU.

My current psu is gold, thats why I debating if it was my PSU. I forgot the exact name for the corsair one I got, but I know its gold.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv