Screen flickering

FloRolf

Browser, version and OS: One Plus 7 Pro, oxygen OS 10.0.9.GM21BA, Google Chrome 87.0.4280.66

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Just random browsing on LTT in dark mode and the screen flickers slightly, but noticeably all over the place. Happens very randomly but only here on LTT so I am not sure if it's actually a phone issue

What happened?

Screen flickers

What did you expect to happen?

Screen not flickering

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Anywhere on LTT

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Not possible

Any other relevant details:

Seems to happen on all kinds of screen brightnesses. 

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

Does anyone else have this issue or is it my phone that doesn't like LTT anymore? 

Edit: just have it quite reproducable when viewing this part of my latest status update here. 

https://linustechtips.com/profile/431-florolf/?status=282833&type=status

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201124-110449.thumb.jpg.3061dff99f559ff3039bb18973398944.jpg

Edit2: maybe it's because of the bright/dark contrast because of the picture. Will try to verify that elsewhere on the phone. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I think @Spotty reported similar while we were in beta. The issue is AMOLED + Chrome. And the flickering is because something-something (don't remember as beta site has been taken down).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

I think @Spotty reported similar while we were in beta. The issue is AMOLED + Chrome. And the flickering is because something-something (don't remember as beta site has been taken down).

I don't think what they've described is the same issue. My issue was with the way OLED screens display black (pixel off) and the slight delay with switching pixels back on as you move a black image around the screen causing a ghosting effect on the trailing edge.

Checked the status update and was not able to find any issue with it with my phone.

Is it the entire screen flickering or just part of the screen?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Doesn't happen on my P20 Pro

Not sure if that would show in a recording of the screen tbh but you would've noticed if it happened to you. 

21 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don't think what they've described is the same issue. My issue was with the way OLED screens display black (pixel off) and the slight delay with switching pixels back on as you move a black image around the screen causing a ghosting effect on the trailing edge.

Checked the status update and was not able to find any issue with it with my phone.

Yeah I think it happens only around the edge of the entire screen. The middle part doesn't seem to be affected. 

Thing is there are no blacks, or are there? It's just a very dark Grey, especially on the sides. I haven't had this issue before, it just popped up last week or so. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, FloRolf said:

Yeah I think it happens only around the edge of the entire screen. The middle part doesn't seem to be affected. 

Thing is there are no blacks, or are there? It's just a very dark Grey, especially on the sides. I haven't had this issue before, it just popped up last week or so. 

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Ah, sorry.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have an AMOLED (I think, at least OLED) phone (samsung a51, android10) and I don't seem to have the issue. Though, I have noticed elements popping in and out, though I haven't gotten any repro steps or anything yet

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct