Noob question about RAM!

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

the red circle is also including your page file. Windows automatically creates a page file that can use some of your primary storage as memory in case you use over 8GB of ram. It may be slow, but slow memory is better than no memory.

you can easily google how to change the size of the page file, if it ever becomes something you need to do.

Hi hello guys, noob question here...

i have 
I5 4460
SSD via Sata Kingston 240gb

1tb in HDD

asus strix 1050 ti

AND 8gb (in 2 sticks 4gb each one)

Honestly i recently play things like LoL, WoW, not much demanding tittles, but i was checking the Task manager this days and i noticed about this; The blue circle indicates my official ram instaled (i think) and whats this about confirmed RAM (Red circle)

I like to know whats this? the difference between this 2 circles 

After a couple of tries of uploading the screenshot of the task manager...

RAM.jpg

the red circle is also including your page file. Windows automatically creates a page file that can use some of your primary storage as memory in case you use over 8GB of ram. It may be slow, but slow memory is better than no memory.

you can easily google how to change the size of the page file, if it ever becomes something you need to do.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

basically the smaller number is your ram available because sometimes the system etc takes up some of the ram the larger number is the total module capacity.

Hope this helps,

Robert

9 minutes ago, Drazon said:

basically the smaller number is your ram available because sometimes the system etc takes up some of the ram the larger number is the total module capacity.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Im 100% sure that i only have 8gb available in my modules (4gb in each slot) 
Tat would mean that every module have 9gb and only 3 can be used?...

makes no sence to me 

1 minute ago, JuanoBanano said:

Im 100% sure that i only have 8gb available in my modules (4gb in each slot) 
Tat would mean that every module have 9gb and only 3 can be used?...

makes no sence to me 

sorry i may have misunderstood you r question here

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yep, thanks i will take note and im kinda remembering a linus video about that... Thanks Topic Closed