Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom 60 or 80% keeb build

So I’m planning on building a custom budget keep in the future for my TV setup but what should I get RGB doesn’t matter and budget about $100 under would be nice and keycaps something that is not so clicky but more quiet clicky

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

@kelvinhall05sorry for @ but I think you maybe have some suggestions since you know keyboards (atleast keycaps I know)

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

$100 total?

let's break it down:

- switches $50

-  PCB like GH60 with simple case $35

-  keycaps $15

Wait a bit longer and spend like $150. Those $50 make a significant difference as you could get a better case and choice from a larger selection of keycaps.

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

$100 total?

let's break it down:

- switches $50

-  PCB like GH60 with simple case $35

-  keycaps $15

Wait a bit longer and spend like $150. Those $50 make a significant difference as you could get a better case and choice from a larger selection of keycaps.

I see but let’s say I have $150 what should I get in terms of case and PCB and switches?

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I see but let’s say I have $150 what should I get in terms of case and PCB and switches?

Gat yellows with some generic 60% kit from Aliexpress and cheap keycaps.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Gat yellows with some generic 60% kit from Aliexpress and cheap keycaps.

Is the site banggood any good (pun not intended)

Reminder⚠️

8 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Is the site banggood any good (pun not intended)

About as reliable as Ebay and Aliexpress. Take that as you will.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

36 minutes ago, Kanna said:

let’s say I have $150 what should I get in terms of case and PCB and switches?

Switches would be still similar. Mostly it is preferences:

e.g.

- Box royal (they are interesting: different kind of tactility/feeling but more tactile then the brown/clear or the mentioned kalih yellow while still being quiet also I would expect them to last longer. With cherry the tactility goes away within a few years of daily use.)

- Cherry MX brown/clear but there are more options. 

- (Outemu aren't a option as they have a louder metallic pitch).

PCB:

e.g DZ60 or GH60

case:

aluminium or wood instead of acryl/plastic

additionally: some LEDs of your choice. Easiest option for those would be LCSC if you want a specific one like 4750k white. Also if the diodes aren't on the PCB order them also there as they are probably the cheapest source.

keycaps: totally preferences beside basic material choices

btw. Banggood is fine. Hobbyking is also fine. Some products there are fake/described in the wrong way but not significantly worse than any other platform like ebay or amazon. Keep in mind that they mostly ship from china so you probably need to pay takes and processing fees once the parcel arrives.