What to get?

Stygian Zenith

I just found out that origin/ea is having a game sale. This was a great opportunity for me as I really wanted to a battlefield game. Right now I have two options, go for the original Battlefield 1 or get the latest one (battlefield V). Please help! BTW my budget is around $15 Australian Dollars (not much Ik but can't marginally higher) 

Battlefield V is $19 (Australian) from roughly $50

Battlefield I $12 from $30 (Australian)

Never played a WWII/WWI game and new desktop gamer (game from laptop, recently built a new rig) and hope for great advice!\

Thanks!

The original Battlefield..? That's Battlefield 1942.

Are you referring to Battlefield 1 (released in 2016)?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If it's between 1 and V, I would go with 1 because I and many other people just like its mechanics more, but if you want a decent fps  and a lot of eye candy you can go V

I also really like BF1 campaign, if that's something you care about

5 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@MateyyyMy bad. Battlefield 1. I thought they were the same... sorry

I personally enjoyed BF1 more. I think it was better balanced, the mechanics felt nicer and it was just more fun overall. BF5 felt unfinished, and while it has certainly improved since launch, last time I played it still didn't feel like it's even close to being as polished as BF1, yet DICE has, at least as far as I'm aware, pretty much given up on it a couple months ago.

That's not to say that I didn't have fun in BF5 too - it's just that the launch was so unbelievably disappointing that it took away from my enjoyment a fair bit.

If I had to guess though, BF5 does have more players than BF1, so that's also something to consider.

If buying BF1 doesn't also grant you the Premium Pass, then I'd probably get BF5, though I'd definitely suggest you look up some videos of gameplay of both for yourself.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@Mateyyy 

@itswillum

Thanks for the help! I recently just bought battlefield 1 after the helpful information u guys have given. All I got to do is wait for origin to finish downloading the game, anyways huge thanks!