How to fix corruption in Minecraft save.

Rylyguy

I believe one of my Minecraft worlds has some corruption as random textures are broken. Lighting isn’t working properly. And certain AI aren’t reacting as they should. Is there anything I can do to fix it. 

3 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

random textures are broken

Any screenshots to show what you mean by that? That seems more like a problem with the game itself rather than the world.

Lighting isn’t working properly

Try reloading chunks (F3 + g)? But that's likely also related to the same game bug causing the broken textures.

certain AI aren’t reacting as they should

How exactly are they (or aren't they) reacting? What are they doing that deviates from the norm? I doubt a broken save would cause entities to behave strangely. That's dictated by the game itself, not what world you're on.

Maybe make a backup of your save(s) and try reinstalling the game. See if that does anything.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

4 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Any screenshots to show what you mean by that? That seems more like a problem with the game itself rather than the world.

Try reloading chunks (F3 + g)? But that's likely also related to the same game bug causing the broken textures.

How exactly are they (or aren't they) reacting? What are they doing that deviates from the norm? I doubt a broken save would cause entities to behave strangely. That's dictated by the game itself, not what world you're on.

Maybe make a backup of your save(s) and try reinstalling the game. See if that does anything.

I fixed some of the textures and light. I meant that I’d like place a torch and the block it’s on is lighting up but none around it. I broke the blocks behaving weird and placed them back and that fixed that. I keep coming upon other areas doing this. And some entities just stay completely still. They do t move at all. If I hit them they take damage but don’t move. And there are ghost entities. I see them. But can’t kill them. And I’ll try reinstalling. And I should have mentioned this is on the bedrock edition  from the Microsoft store. 

I fixed some of the textures and light. I meant that I’d like place a torch and the block it’s on is lighting up but none around it. I broke the blocks behaving weird and placed them back and that fixed that. I keep coming upon other areas doing this. And some entities just stay completely still. They do t move at all. If I hit them they take damage but don’t move. And there are ghost entities. I see them. But can’t kill them. And I’ll try reinstalling. And I should have mentioned this is on the bedrock edition  from the Microsoft store. 

Yeah sometimes lighting glitches like that just happen. Not sure about the entity thing. A reinstall would definitely be a good place to start. Obviously the F3 + g thing is out the window since you're on Bedrock. I shouldn't have assumed you're on Java, but it's my preferred version so it's the first place my brain went.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

10 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Yeah sometimes lighting glitches like that just happen. Not sure about the entity thing. A reinstall would definitely be a good place to start. Obviously the F3 + g thing is out the window since you're on Bedrock. I shouldn't have assumed you're on Java, but it's my preferred version so it's the first place my brain went.

I’m hoping to get Java soon. But I already had bedrock from like 5 years ago so haven’t felt the need to yet. Really for me the only difference is servers. 

1 minute ago, Rylyguy said:

Really for me the only difference is servers. 

Java also has much better mod support (as well as way more and better quality mods in general). And they're all free. You can also get some sick looking shaders if you have a higher end PC.

Java edition is definitely worth the money if you have a powerful enough PC to take full advantage of what it can do.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

4 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Java also has much better mod support (as well as way more and better quality mods in general). And they're all free. You can also get some sick looking shaders if you have a higher end PC.

Java edition is definitely worth the money if you have a powerful enough PC to take full advantage of what it can do.

Yes. I’d like to use shaders though in general I don’t really like using mods. I prefer just vanilla. Though I do see the appeal of some mods. But when I get Java the first thing I’m doing is installing optifine. 

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv