Had the G703 for 11 months - is this mouse feet wear normal?

MythicalSnake
10 hours ago, MythicalSnake said:

IMG_20201123_010033.jpg

reddit.jpg

That's some pretty aggressive wear, but not entirely inconcievable if it's seen heavy use for 11 months. You haven't spilled anything on your mousepad (Assuming you hopefully use one) and it's of decent quality? Those are the contributing factors I deem the worst.

You are able to order new replacement feet from https://www.corepad.de/en/Corepad-Skatez-Logitech-Teflon-Mousefeet-Mouse-Feet-Hyperglides-Hyperglide/Corepad-Skatez-Logitech-G703-G603-Lightspeed-G403-Prodigy-Wireless.html for example (Or any other reputable dealer)

I've had a G Pro Wireless which uses the same type of feet albeit smaller, and it hasn't worn a milimetre. I guess I'm not hardcore enough.

2 hours ago, Encore_ said:

That's some pretty aggressive wear, but not entirely inconcievable if it's seen heavy use for 11 months. You haven't spilled anything on your mousepad (Assuming you hopefully use one) and it's of decent quality? Those are the contributing factors I deem the worst.

You are able to order new replacement feet from https://www.corepad.de/en/Corepad-Skatez-Logitech-Teflon-Mousefeet-Mouse-Feet-Hyperglides-Hyperglide/Corepad-Skatez-Logitech-G703-G603-Lightspeed-G403-Prodigy-Wireless.html for example (Or any other reputable dealer)

I've had a G Pro Wireless which uses the same type of feet albeit smaller, and it hasn't worn a milimetre. I guess I'm not hardcore enough.

Well... the mousepad I've been using is this one: https://www.amazon.de/-/nl/gp/product/B07RVBZ7H9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Now that you say it, there is something peculiar about my mousepad - in the area which I use my mouse, so the right-side, it's quite a bit shinier than at the other side. When I touch it it feels a bit smoother actually. Not sure what to make of that, besides heavy usage or poor mousepad quality. How would I be able to tell that the mousepad could potentially be of poor quality?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, MythicalSnake said:

Well... the mousepad I've been using is this one: https://www.amazon.de/-/nl/gp/product/B07RVBZ7H9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Now that you say it, there is something peculiar about my mousepad - in the area which I use my mouse, so the right-side, it's quite a bit shinier than at the other side. When I touch it it feels a bit smoother actually. Not sure what to make of that, besides heavy usage or poor mousepad quality. How would I be able to tell that the mousepad could potentially be of poor quality?

That seems a bit like it might be a middling quality one with some extreme wear? Do you press your mouse alot? I'm not much of an FPS gamer anymore, but I know that the amount of spinning and speed you need in a shooter is much more than most other games, so that'd probably wear your mousepad out a lot. Again,I'm not sure because I've never heard of the brand. You should look at the type of material in the mousepad and the brand. Cleaning it may also reduce the amount of friction and thus wear on your mouse. 

So you're probably due a switch over to a Stealseries QCK+ or something & some new rubber feet.

That’s bad wear wise for only 11 months. Looks like it’s been used on a sheet of plywood. 
Look around and see if you can get replacement shoes for it and a new mouse pad 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x