Windows just laggy

LogicalWilly

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is either a hardware based problem or software. So after I upgraded my system I started having this problem. This was after a FULL upgrade, meaning everything was replaced at once, so I don't know exactly if its a specific part that is malfunctioning.

Problem:

So when ever I open and close windows based apps(netflix, store, etc), usually by alt tabbing, the system goes unresponsive for a while, from a few seconds to up to around 10 seconds sometimes. I've tried monitoring the task manager but no pc part is actually getting any load compared to before and after the lag. This lag usually lags windows, but doesnt really usually lag other processes (except windows based apps). So for example, if I were to spam alt tab or even press it once or so, it would lag windows, making me unable to open any new tab from my taskbar, through alt tabbing or such. But I would still be able to continue using the open window(in this case, chrome). This lag has been happening for the past 2-3 months and is very annoying, any help would be appreciated.

What I've tried:

- Tested read & write speeds on my SSD, seems to be all good.

- Tested updating motherboard drivers.

- Tested updating disk & ram firmware.

- Install all newest drivers and such from the official site.

- Reinstall windows.

Parts (Incase there is some obvious problem):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 10GB TUF GAMING OC

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance RGB PRO
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX 750W
Main disk: Corsair Force MP510B 480GB

Did you install your GPU drivers?

Did you install your chipset drivers?

Make sure your Power Plane is set to AMD

Did you update your UEFI/BIOS?
Did you check CPU and GPU temps?

Is this problem was there since day 1, or since 2-3 month back?

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Did you install your GPU drivers?

Did you install your chipset drivers?

Make sure your Power Plane is set to AMD

Did you update your UEFI/BIOS?
Did you check CPU and GPU temps?

Is this problem was there since day 1, or since 2-3 month back?

Hi, yeah I've got latest gpu drivers using geforce experience, got latest chipset drivers, I've tried updating BIOS, both cpu & gpu is well under the maximum(both cpu & gpu under 50 while it happends). I have also set Power Plan to AMD.

6 hours ago, LogicalWilly said:

Hi, yeah I've got latest gpu drivers using geforce experience, got latest chipset drivers, I've tried updating BIOS, both cpu & gpu is well under the maximum(both cpu & gpu under 50 while it happends). I have also set Power Plan to AMD.

Do you have the problem under SafeMode?

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Do you have the problem under SafeMode?

I just checked, seems to not be a problem in safe mode however the problem is kinda bipolar. Sometimes it happends, and when it does, it does consisently. Now after booting back from safemode, its fine, but it'll get back when I least expect it.

EDIT: Yeah so around 30 minutes later it now is happening again.

Re-check every connection, cable etc. It may be hardware issue. Check event viewer too.

42 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Re-check every connection, cable etc. It may be hardware issue. Check event viewer too.

Every connection has been double checked, when I installed my 3080 a few days ago, I remounted everything, problem persisted afterwards. I just triggered the lag but it didnt output any new items into the event viewer.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:07 PM, homeap5 said:

So try to use Procmon and check what happens.

Anything particular I should be looking after since its being spammed by all possible things, nothing that stands out for me while it happends.

It's diagnostic tool that may help you discover what is going on while your system is freezing - look if anything happens then. You can also check what software is running on startup using Autoruns. There is no solution like "press F8, then X and you'll fix your problem". You must diagnose problem and fix it - if you can.

15 hours ago, homeap5 said:

It's diagnostic tool that may help you discover what is going on while your system is freezing - look if anything happens then. You can also check what software is running on startup using Autoruns. There is no solution like "press F8, then X and you'll fix your problem". You must diagnose problem and fix it - if you can.

I've checked what starts during autorun and theres nothing I didn't have before I upgraded my PC. I can't find anything that looks like it would be the cause of the system freezing that doesnt happen while it doesnt freeze. My best guess would be that there this is a hardware issue or possibly bad bios setting, any good stress testing tool or such I could try to find a possible bad component?