Streams and Playing Smoothness

FangerZero
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
7 hours ago, FangerZero said:

The game is vindictus and it's programmed by people who forgot what optimization means. My entire system is apart of my profile, as for his system I'd have to see if I can't get an answer from him. 

From recommended specs listed it seems to be more CPU heavy. Considering it asks for Dual-Core 3.0GHz as minimum, and Haswell i5 as recommended. Your Sandy Bridge i7 is on paper at sama line with those i5's with bit weaker single core performance. Also noting that GPU requirements are for really old/weak GPUs (recommended was released 2012).

So with newer CPU with better single core performance things will look smoother. I'm guessing that the game is doing some number crunching with physics rather than rendering on GPU. Usually you notice this with games where changing your resolution or graphics settings don't really have major effect on smoothness of gameplay. (remembering my own experience with Battlefield series).

A game I play, I've noticed some people's records/streams are REALLY smooth, compared to when I play that doesn't appear nearly as smooth. One person tried to tell me it's because they were recording in 2k, but on twitch it's only 1080p and my monitor is only 1080p (ASUS PG258). The game has a cap of 60FPS, and though my R9 290 is a bit old and it says I'm getting around 60FPS, but standing in town you can tell a difference. He is running a 2080 TI. I want to know am I wrong in thinking it's the GPU at work and nothing to do w/ the Resolution. Oh I'm also running a 2600k so maybe it's simply my old CPU, I don't know what they're running but if they have a 2080 TI I imagine it's better than a 2600k. 

Uh, whats the question here? Streaming quality is dependent of two factors. Bitrate used, and how much encoding power server gives to stream. Higher local bitrate means the quality and smoothness is better, but unless person is affiliated or in some other higher-than-regular tier on Twitch, that may not matter on how end result looks since Twitch prioritizes big folks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I guess I'm trying to understand why when I play does my screen not look nearly as smooth as their streamed gameplay. Is it just my older system? I would've expected it to at least be just as smooth, not like i'm streaming. (game is 10 years old this year)

15 hours ago, FangerZero said:

I guess I'm trying to understand why when I play does my screen not look nearly as smooth as their streamed gameplay. Is it just my older system? I would've expected it to at least be just as smooth, not like i'm streaming. (game is 10 years old this year)

Thats hard to say without knowing the game and what specs it would be depending on.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The game is vindictus and it's programmed by people who forgot what optimization means. My entire system is apart of my profile, as for his system I'd have to see if I can't get an answer from him. 

7 hours ago, FangerZero said:

From recommended specs listed it seems to be more CPU heavy. Considering it asks for Dual-Core 3.0GHz as minimum, and Haswell i5 as recommended. Your Sandy Bridge i7 is on paper at sama line with those i5's with bit weaker single core performance. Also noting that GPU requirements are for really old/weak GPUs (recommended was released 2012).

So with newer CPU with better single core performance things will look smoother. I'm guessing that the game is doing some number crunching with physics rather than rendering on GPU. Usually you notice this with games where changing your resolution or graphics settings don't really have major effect on smoothness of gameplay. (remembering my own experience with Battlefield series).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv