Playstation 5 Slow UI / Menu

I couldn't find this issue from any of my googling but maybe someone else will have an idea. Unfortunately I did not record a video of it but I will try to next time it happens.

I had left my PS5 on while it copied the Spider-Man Miles Morales data to the internal drive.  I went outside to do a few chores and came in about an hour or so later and the console had put itself into rest mode. upon waking the console the menu was SUPER delayed and sluggish. Like the console really had to think about what it was doing. I had no internet connected to the console so it was not trying to do any updates, downloads, or installs at this point. \

Just trying to navigate from game icon to game icon from the time I pressed left or right (D-pad or L-Stick) it would take about a second or two until it actually moved. And then it would be stuck there for about 10-15 seconds before it could move to the next tile. You could mash the d pad all you wanted, and it would eventually register those inputs. But it would move one at a time with the same 10-15 second holdup between the two. 

This was happening in both the game and media tabs. Although if I pressed the PS button on the Dual-Sense controller. That menu was snappy and fully responsive. The same with the settings menu. I finally turned off the console by doing a full shutdown from inside the console itself and once it was fully powered down I restarted it and the console had worked fine since.

Not really looking for a solution because it's working fine now but it was a very very curious thing. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Could've just been a weird bug relating to throwing the console into rest mode. It's early days for the PS5, so I'm sure it'll be patched very soon.

what he said^@Axeonelite

https://youtu.be/a8yw0Oo17A8

Finally was able to get a video. Just for reference. From what I can tell seeing other people online this definitely isn't normal 😂 considering how fast the console is supposed to be. And it fixes upon restart like I said. We'll see what happens in the weeks to come with more updates. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC