Any good video editing related benchmarks for the Nvidia 3000 series or AMD 6000 series cards I have missed? (Specifically 3070/6800)

Joshndroid

Hey all,

Like a bunch of people i will be upgrading to some new gear.

I do a small amount of gaming these days but have been actually doing more video editing from trips, etc.

With these new cards there are page after page of gaming benchmarks and synthetics on youtube.

I was wondering if there are any good/reputable videos for the new cards specifically centering around video editing?

I know that either card I get will be better in gaming than the 1080 i have on my 4K monitor so I'm not too concerned about that so video editing is probably more of a factor for me now.

I notice my 1080 chuggs a fair bit in Resolve when working with GoPro footage, hence wanting the GPU upgrade.

I am leaning towards a 3070 however there are essentially no FE cards projected to come down under, we had 1 retailer with a handful that were raffled off. So the new Radeon pricing for the 6800 is very competitive when compared to the partner Nvidia cards.

Puget is normally the best for these benchmarks, but they may take a few days to come out.

But normally nvidia is the go to option, as lots of programs just don't support opencl.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Puget is normally the best for these benchmarks, but they may take a few days to come out.

But normally nvidia is the go to option, as lots of programs just don't support opencl.

Thanks mate I'll keep an eye out for Pugets stuff.. i am hopeful, but i would say you are right in Nvidia most likely being where I end up

Yeah, almost a dead cert that NVidia's got a stronghold in that area. I'm waiting for the 3060/Ti to come out for my new video editing rig. Though with the rumours that the 3060 non-Ti is going to have 12GB of VRAM, I'm not sure which is going to be a better pick for video editing. I'm sure 8GB is probably be fine and will be for now but maybe, in the future, it'd be more advantageous to have more VRAM even at a smaller bandwidth than more CUDA cores. And also for a little cheaper (but having to wait another month or so, assuming I can get one at launch).