What (Gaming) Monitor Should i get ?

Hello LTT Community.

i need help with finding the Right Monitor.

First of all the Panel choice: VA or IPSI do not want to order 8 Monitors because 7 of them have Severe BLB and IPS Glow / Ghosting, so VA is preferred but IPS Is not completely excluded.

It doesn't necessarily need a refreshrate above 165hz but should have More than 120hz. 

The Colour accuracy / Colour reproduction should be Very Good.

It should also have HDR 600 or more, but if you think HDR 400 looks great, on the Monitor you are suggesting, then it is ok too.  

Resolution should be 1440p or more.

It will mainly be used for AAA Singleplayer Gaming (Games that have great Visuals) and Video Streaming  (Youtube, etc.).

Curved or Not ... I dont know, never had a Curved Screen but i'm willing to try it.

28" is the maximum that fits on my Desk.

Here, the short version:

What it should be able to do / what it should have:

• Very good Colour reproduction 
  • Good Looking HDR
  • 1440p or more
  • 120 hz or more
  • G-Sync (or at least G-sync Compatibility)
  • VA or IPS ( little to no BLB and IPS Glow / Ghosting)
  • max. 28"
  • PSU can be external, i don't really care. 
  • It should have it's own stand and should be adjustable in hight and tilt in all directions
  • No speakers are needed (not bad if it has some) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

• AAA Singleplayer Games (Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed, Hitman, etc.)
  • Very Few Multiplayer Games (Warframe, Planet Side 2, etc.)
  • Plenty of Video Streaming  (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

Budget:  650€

Personal favorites are welcome. 

Hey!

I am currently researching what monitor would fit for you and I need to know 4 more things:

1) Does it have to be wall mounted?

2) What brightness do you want your monitor to be? (please in cd/cm2, i suggest you look up how bright your current monitor is and tell me if you want it brigther, darker, or the same brightness)

3) Do you want the power supply of your monitor to be built into it or is it fine if it is an external PSU like laptops and notebooks have?

4) Do you want speakers in your monitor? (These usually suck)

Edited by JohanKjeldahl7

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

26 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Hey!

I am currently researching what monitor would fit for you and I need to know 4 more things:

1) Does it have to be wall mounted?

2) What brightness do you want your monitor to be? (please in cd/cm2, i suggest you look up how bright your current monitor is and tell me if you want it brigther, darker, or the same brightness)

3) Do you want the power supply of your monitor to be built into it or is it fine if it is an external PSU like laptops and notebooks have?

4) Do you want speakers in your monitor? (These usually suck)

I have edited the post, to awnser1,3,4. 

But 2) Brightness i have no idea, the Colors should look great, your opinion matters. And if it is too bright i can always turn down the brightness. 

My current monitor has 350 cd/m2 and i have changed the brightness to about 45 %.

5 minutes ago, Thore said:

I have edited the post, to awnser1,3,4. 

But 2) Brightness i have no idea, the Colors should look great, your opinion matters. And if it is too bright i can always turn down the brightness. 

My current monitor has 350 cd/m2 and i have changed the brightness to abour 45 %.

Thank you for the extra infos!

I have been able to break it down to 5 monitors, which have all or most of your requirments. The website is german, but since you are from Germany I am sure you will understand it. I suggest you read some reviews of these monitors.

https://geizhals.at/?cat=monlcd19wide&bpmax=650&v=e&hloc=at&filter=aktualisieren&sort=-p&bl1_id=30&xf=11939_24~11940_28~11955_IPS~11955_VA~11959_10bit+(1.07+Mrd.+Farben)~11992_gsynck~13263_25601440~14702_144Hz

I hope this helps :) 

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

6 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Thank you for the extra infos!

I have been able to break it down to 5 monitors, which have all or most of your requirments. The website is german, but since you are from Germany I am sure you will understand it. I suggest you read some reviews of these monitors.

https://geizhals.at/?cat=monlcd19wide&bpmax=650&v=e&hloc=at&filter=aktualisieren&sort=-p&bl1_id=30&xf=11939_24~11940_28~11955_IPS~11955_VA~11959_10bit+(1.07+Mrd.+Farben)~11992_gsynck~13263_25601440~14702_144Hz

I hope this helps :) 

Thank you. 

I will have a look. 

3 minutes ago, Thore said:

Thank you. 

I will have a look. 

The monitor that Tan3I6 just suggested is also a very great monitor, probably even better than the ones is suggested. You should defenetly check it out!

1 hour ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

The monitor that Tan3I6 just suggested is also a very great monitor, probably even better than the ones is suggested. You should defenetly check it out!

How much does the Contrast ratio influence the Visual quality, the Monitor that Tan3I6 suggested has 1000:1 and what i have seen 2500:1 is average so 1000:1 sounds a bit low? 

7 minutes ago, Thore said:

How much does the Contrast ratio influence the Visual quality, the Monitor that Tan3I6 suggested has 1000:1 and what i have seen 2500:1 is average so 1000:1 sounds a bit low? 

Well contrast means, that if you have 1000:1 for example, a white pixel is 1000 times brighter than a black pixel. Generally speaking - the higher the better. Now you should compare all factors including contrast, if it is important to you.

7 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Well contrast means, that if you have 1000:1 for example, a white pixel is 1000 times brighter than a black pixel. Generally speaking - the higher the better. Now you should compare all factors including contrast, if it is important to you.

One more question, 

What do you think about the Odyssey G7 27" the specs sound really good. 

1 minute ago, Thore said:

One more question, 

What do you think about the Odyssey G7 27" the specs sound really good. 

Generally speaking - great monitor! Really good specs as you said. Although it has 240Hz, my experience told me - the higher the framerate - the lower the color accurace. But - read some reviews and especially keep an eye on the color reviews! Linus reviewed this monitor and if i am not mistaken, he also talked about the colors. If I would spend around 600 bucks on a monitor - this would be my choice. I didn't recommend it to you because you said you don't need more than 165 Hz so I applied this onto the Filter on Geizhals.at... But more Hz definetly won't hurt.