Should I buy this keyboard?

Avocheeseado

Hi. I know I have written several posts about this before but i promise this is the last :)

I have been looking to buy a keyboard for the past year and I wanted it to be TKL and have RGB. I will be using it for some typing and gaming. I have had my eyes on the Razer Huntsman TE with linear switches. It is usually £120 in the UK but recently went down to £88. Do you recommend to at least buy this keyboard to try? I am a bit skeptical about the switches as i have heard they are very easy to press down and I am not sure how good they are for typing?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

Hi. I know I have written several posts about this before but i promise this is the last :)

I have been looking to buy a keyboard for the past year and I wanted it to be TKL and have RGB. I will be using it for some typing and gaming. I have had my eyes on the Razer Huntsman TE with linear switches. It is usually £120 in the UK but recently went down to £88. Do you recommend to at least buy this keyboard to try? I am a bit skeptical about the switches as i have heard they are very easy to press down and I am not sure how good they are for typing?

Thanks

*uses silicone dome keys*
*won’t pay more than $12 for a keyboard*

*is comfortable with being a paraiah*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

Thanks

IIRC the Huntsman is a decent board from your typical "gaming" company. 

However there are better price for performance and features keyboards than that one.

2 examples I can remember off the top of my head are the Glorious GMMK prebuilt: 

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch

and the Womier/GamaKay K87: 

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-swappable-Support-Lighting/dp/B08BX7QPFW?th=1&psc=1

Alternatively you could do a semi custom build with the GMMK barebones. 

Edited by ProBottler
Bad wordings

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

On 11/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, Avocheeseado said:

Thanks

the razer huntsman is good if you only intend to use linears and don't need to swap switches, otherwise get the gmmk. 

16 hours ago, CheeseGaming43 said:

the razer huntsman is good if you only intend to use linears and don't need to swap switches, otherwise get the gmmk. 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, ProBottler said:

2 examples I can remember off the top of my head are the Glorious GMMK prebuilt: 

I have thought about that, except it seems to take months to ship to the UK, and I have no idea which switches I should use, red brown or blue It also has micro usb and not usb c

3 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

I have thought about that, except it seems to take months to ship to the UK, and I have no idea which switches I should use, red brown or blue It also has micro usb and not usb c

It's on Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glorious-PC-Gaming-Race-GMMK-TKL-BRN/dp/B071KGHZY4/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_1/257-5212254-5576033?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071KGHZY4&pd_rd_r=4398e718-3a4f-4173-af65-86ee883ef208&pd_rd_w=KmV0Q&pd_rd_wg=xvEC3&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=55TCANDTA0FW9DY165DX&psc=1&refRID=55TCANDTA0FW9DY165DX.

Cable type shouldn't matter that much unless you are constantly plugging and unplugging it.

6 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

For the shipping problem, Overclockersuk is the official UK proxy for Glorious products so that should not be a problem 

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream

On 11/20/2020 at 12:31 AM, ProBottler said:

For the shipping problem, Overclockersuk is the official UK proxy for Glorious products so that should not be a problem 

Ok, do you have any idea which switches I should get?

3 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

Ok, do you have any idea which switches I should get?

spacer.png

A kid with a dream

Although not representative for all the avalible switches on the market, this flowchart should still give you a rough idea on what kind of switches you want

A kid with a dream