4pin fan to 3 pin motherboard socket

lais911
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

What motherboard and fans are you using?

The cable you linked is not a header used for case fans. Make sure you're looking at the correct headers.

Fan headers have a notch to align the pins.聽

large?v=1.0&px=999

Moved to Cooling.

Guys I recently bought a cpu fan, it has 4(female) pins and my聽motherboard has a 3pin (male). I tried the 4pin to 3pin... but it doesn鈥檛 work.. So

i searched online and found this......馃憞馃徎

https://robu.in/product/70cm-4-pin-female-to-female-dupont-cable-for-3d-printer/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhs79BRD0ARIsAC6XpaVfz3pZ4llRT2G6I6p4bDYumrcb0dxne2e7NPeBTtVb82CnaH3UhwsaAhaUEALw_wcB

Pls tell me if I can use this for my fan聽

it鈥檚 a rear fan anyway which I bought... Pls Welp

What motherboard and fans are you using?

The cable you linked is not a header used for case fans. Make sure you're looking at the correct headers.

Fan headers have a notch to align the pins.聽

large?v=1.0&px=999

Moved to Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You should be able to plug in 4-pin PWM fans into 3-pin headers on your motherboard.

Have you made sure that the notch in the fan connector was properly aligned with the one on the motherboard?

Desktop:Intel Core i9-9900K |聽ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB @聽3200MHz CL14聽| EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop:聽2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"聽聽--聽 i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals:聽Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g聽| Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC