Samson G Track Pro not working as expected...

HeroT3
Go to solution Solved by Ahoy Hoy,

Im going to guess your problem relates to microphone position and possibly your talking volume. The further away the microphone is or the quitter you talk the higher the gain has to be on the microphone to pick you up. High gain means its also picking up more of the background noises eg your keyboard the fan etc. It also means more electronic noise (the hiss you hear in the background)

Get the microphone closer to you and project your voice a bit more and I suspect you may have a few less problems.

All presumption on your positioning and volume if it is right next to your mouth may be broken. USB port shouldn't matter aslong as its getting enough power. So dont have it in a USB splitter.

So a little while back I bought the Samson G Track Pro and did my best to set it up. I’m using it in my room for recording videos as well as online classes. I’ve been putting this problem aside for a while now but the mic does not like to work as I would expect. It doesn’t sound as crispy as I’ve seen in the reviews of it and I cannot figure out what settings I should use in OBS to get it to sound good. It sometimes sounds noisy, and other configs make it sound like an earrape mic. I have followed a ton of guides and each one seems to be different from the others. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Does it have to do with the USB port I’m plugging the mic into? If any of you guys think you have the time to help me troubleshoot this thing let me know. Sorry to bother you guys, I just wanna make sure I’m getting what i paid for. I’ll provide any info you guys ask for. I also have a mechanical keyboard which makes it hard to configure without hearing the keys louder than me.

Im going to guess your problem relates to microphone position and possibly your talking volume. The further away the microphone is or the quitter you talk the higher the gain has to be on the microphone to pick you up. High gain means its also picking up more of the background noises eg your keyboard the fan etc. It also means more electronic noise (the hiss you hear in the background)

Get the microphone closer to you and project your voice a bit more and I suspect you may have a few less problems.

All presumption on your positioning and volume if it is right next to your mouth may be broken. USB port shouldn't matter aslong as its getting enough power. So dont have it in a USB splitter.