$1500 build. Give me your opinions

I have literally no knowledge for hardware, but my friend helped me out a lot and this is what we've made:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k

• CPU cooling: Zalman Cnps 12x

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

• Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB

• Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

• Video card: MSI GTX 670 Power edition

• Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX

• Case: Fractal Design Define R4

• PSU: Corsair TX650 V2

• Monitor: BenQ RL2450HT

what do you think?

All looks good - only thing that come to mind if you can squeeze it into the budget - small SSD for a boot drive

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would get the asrock z77 extreme4 over the UD3H, the asrock is same price and way better in my opinoin. I would also get the low profile version of the corsair vengeance but other than that it looks perfect.

I am planning to buy a SSD later on.

Not gonna change out the motherboard, I think the one I have now is fine. Unless you can really make me change my mind.

I was looking at the 144hz and had in mind to get that one, but when I found out it was a difference of $260 from the 120hz to 144hz I really doubt it was worth the cash.

He isn't going to be able to utilize a 144hz monitor with only a single 670 on really any AAA titles.

I should be able to run it though. I know a guy that has 144hz and 670, he runs it just fine.

Yea the 144hz monitor won't hinder your performance at all but it is pointless because you won't ever get to 144fps or more on games with decent graphics unless you drop the graphical settings which would be stupid to do just to see at 144hz. If you are going to be playing alot of minecraft and counter strike and shit like that then yea the 144hz will be cool but games like crysis, battlefield, tomb raider, bioshock you won't be able to utilize that monitor.

Yea the 144hz monitor won't hinder your performance at all but it is pointless because you won't ever get to 144fps or more on games with decent graphics unless you drop the graphical settings which would be stupid to do just to see at 144hz. If you are going to be playing alot of minecraft and counter strike and shit like that then yea the 144hz will be cool but games like crysis, battlefield, tomb raider, bioshock you won't be able to utilize that monitor.

Indeed, one of the reasons why I chose to get a 120hz instead of the 144hz, I just didn't feel the need nor did my wallet have $260 extra to spend just for 144hz and 1 ms in response time.

I am wondering if there would be any problem with overheating with this build when gaming?

Not really. The R4 is a great ventilated case, just make sure to not block the intake or exhaust fans. And if you go with an aftermarket CPU-cooler and maybe get another intake and exhaust fan you would be good to go. You would only get problems with overheating if you push your OC too far, but before the parts would be overheating it would shut itself down. In summary: don't worry about your PC overheating.

Current build: Antec P180, Asus P8Z68 Pro, Intel i5-2500k, Asus GTX 570 2GB, Patriot 16GB 1600MHz, Corsair HX 650W.

New build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11270-video-editing-workstation-build/