First ever pc build. 2300 usd budget

Go to solution Solved by boggy77,

this build + 6800xt

basically, I've changed everything in your build apart from the 5900x:

motherboard: you don't need a x570 master, that's only for extreme LN2 overclocking or proffesional uses

cooler: no need for an expensive z73 kraken. the arctic freezer 2 is excellent and more than enough for overclocking the 5900x.

ram: for such a high end system, 32gb of fast ram

ssd: the p1 isn't great, especially when the a2000 is better and only 1 euro more expensive

hdd: 7200rpm unless you want very slow game loading times

gpu: 6800xt when it launches

psu: what you chose was extremely ovepriced and overkill, it's a psu meant to power two systems or a system with 2-3 gpus. this is more appropriate.

case: good case with good airflow and rgb fans

windows: get a key from ebay

Budget (including currency): euro 2000 - 3000, USD(2300- 3500)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programming, new AAA gaming.

Other details Screen: Samsung LC32JG56QQUXEN 144hz

Hey guys,

I have been an avid gamer for pretty much my whole life, but I have never owned my own pc. I finally have saved a nice chunk of money and I'm planning on buying a pc with it.

So I have been watching reviews and guides on the new tech that is available now, and have assembled a pc on pc parts picker. Still the fact this is my first build I'd love some feedback on the components I picked and what I could change and improve. Also maybe some suggestions on a case. I love big bulky cases. My friend bought an alienware in 2008ish and the case was amazingly cool. Think it was an Alienware Aurora 2012

Thanks for all the help and keep up the great work!

I know the gpu is way underpowerd, but i'm buying a second hand gpu while I wait for the new amd line to come out. So advice on what amd gpu would be the best would be appreciated.

Link to pc parts:

Why so much cooler for a 110w chip?  

It’s apparently supposed to be a gaming pc I guess but it doesn’t look like one.

One thing to note is that has been stated recently that while 2 ram sticks is easier to OC, 4 ram sticks will be more reliably faster when no OC is done as it more reliably sets up a dual channel dual tier memory system.  3600mhz is a weird number for gaming on zen3.  Is there a plan to attempt to OC the 3600mhz to whatever speed one can wind up getting the infinity fabric to and replacing the gpu which would be wildly underpowered for that cpu for gaming?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

this build + 6800xt

basically, I've changed everything in your build apart from the 5900x:

motherboard: you don't need a x570 master, that's only for extreme LN2 overclocking or proffesional uses

cooler: no need for an expensive z73 kraken. the arctic freezer 2 is excellent and more than enough for overclocking the 5900x.

ram: for such a high end system, 32gb of fast ram

ssd: the p1 isn't great, especially when the a2000 is better and only 1 euro more expensive

hdd: 7200rpm unless you want very slow game loading times

gpu: 6800xt when it launches

psu: what you chose was extremely ovepriced and overkill, it's a psu meant to power two systems or a system with 2-3 gpus. this is more appropriate.

case: good case with good airflow and rgb fans

windows: get a key from ebay

Thank you very much!

I've had a look at the build and I must admit that with the explanation you gave I look like I know nothing about pc building, and admitadly I dont. So the explanation is amazingly usefull. Now I know what to look out for. I'll be using this build, apart from maybe the case. If I do go down a different rout for the case i'll be back here to ask ^^

You my man are a legend!

55 minutes ago, David Turley said:

Thank you very much!

I've had a look at the build and I must admit that with the explanation you gave I look like I know nothing about pc building, and admitadly I dont. So the explanation is amazingly usefull. Now I know what to look out for. I'll be using this build, apart from maybe the case. If I do go down a different rout for the case i'll be back here to ask ^^

You my man are a legend!

just make sure to quote or mention me @David Turley when you come back, otherwise I won't get a notification. or just DM me