Buy GPU now or wait?

Chucky-007

Hello! I'm going to build a pc but not sure what GPU to buy since i feel like there is a new GPU released every few months and it just feel like the new GPUs are so much better then the GPUs before them. First i thougt of buying the RTX 3070 because I'm only going to play at 1080p, 144hz but now AMD are launching their Radeon 6000 series which is better then the 3070 for the same price. Then Nvidia will probably realease a 3070 super/ti so I just wanted some tips of what to do. Thanks a lot! 

I would say wait for the 3060/3060ti and maybe an amd competitor for them, as they should be more than enough to run 1080p/144hz

edit: if you don't want to wait for it i would say go with a 3070 or its competitor

2 minutes ago, Emergence177013 said:

I would say wait for the 3060/3060ti and maybe an amd competitor for them, as they should be more than enough to run 1080p/144hz

Ok but I want a GPU that is pretty future proof so that I dont have to buy a new GPU in a few years.

Just now, Chucky-007 said:

Ok but I want a GPU that is pretty future proof so that I dont have to buy a new GPU in a few years.

No one here can tell the future, you can buy what's good now and pray that it will be fine x amount of years down the line.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No one here can tell the future, you can buy what's good now and pray that it will be fine x amount of years down the line.

That's true. think i'll go with the 3070 :D thanks!

41 minutes ago, Chucky-007 said:

That's true. think i'll go with the 3070 :D thanks!

You cant even buy RTX 3070 as they are sold out unless ur willing to buy from ebay that resell em for $800-1k.. Best would be wait till 2021.