No QLED on the mobo but mobo has rgb and fans spin

stewtrain

Things happened and my pc's surge suppressor got unplugged from the wall while the computer was on.  After plugging it back in and booting the PC my MOBO is getting no QLED lights at all. The RGB on the board comes on, the CPU fan spins, the GPU fan starts to spin then stops, but no BIOS or post.  I have tried removing m.2, switching RAM, going down to single RAM slot, resetting CMOS (removed battery, unplugged PC, and shorted the pins to clear) and I'm still getting no QLED or post.

Asus Prime Pro x570

ryzen 3600

1080Ti

EVGA 850w super nova

any help is appreciated.  I'm about to give up and RMA the board but I wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I could try.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x

you've kinda done everything , there really isnt a reason unplugging the pc should kill the board , but no post is no post

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

only thing i can think of is make sure the clock battery is in when you short those pins not out

yeah I originally shorted the pins with the CMOS battery in and had nothing.  I'm thinking the mobo is dead.  I am just really confused how that could have done it.  I'm gonna RMA the board and grab another one from a buddy tomorrow to test and make sure it's the board.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x