Will intel macs still be supported for awhile

i just ordered a 2020 macbook pro i5 and the day after i bought it they started selling new macs on their site kinda disapointed but plan to keep the macbook pro

just wondering tho

how long will apple continue to support these machines as i still see them selling updated macbook pros with i5's and i7's alongside the M1

Probably for a while, but look at back when they switched form powerpc, the last gen of the intel macs will likely age much worse than the first arm macs.

They said 2 years transition time. Software development for Intel macs will be stopped completely, and you only will get updates.

New software will be focus with the new M1 codes. 

If i were you i return that macbook.

Yeah they exist to serve uninformed people like you, who thinks Intel is a superior product.

The worse thing is you only have the i5 when the new macbook AIR, beats macbook 16 with i9!

The upside is you still can run windows with bootstrap which is absent in ARM.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

You'll get supported for a while and like @SupaKomputasaid you should probably try to return it as although you may get updates for a few good years, developers may not support x86 for so long considering that everything is going to be switched to arm.

Software will probably focus on "Universal Apps", which will support Intel too.

But i would return it too, unless you do critical work, and/or NEED Windows Support via VM or Bootcamp.