Issue trying to get IGPU for one display and GPU for other display in bios Ryzen 3 2200G

AwooCrewSevilla

Specs:

Ryzen 3 2200G w/ Vega 8 Graphics
8 GB Kingston Value 2600
Gigabyte AB350m-Dsh3
Zotac Gtx 1050ti
2 500GB Hard Drives @7200RPM 
EVGA Supernova 500w 80+ Bronze PSU

Bios Version: F50D
Windows 10 64 Bit

The issue I'm having is within the bios itself as for my IGPU there's supposed to be 3 options [Auto], [Enable], [Disable] however I'm running into an issue where I only get 3 different options [Force], [Disable], [Auto] and the enable tab is what I need to be able to run a monitor off the apu alongside a monitor off the gpu, following this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIOuruxGfY

I've tried updating the Vega 8 gpu, putting the gpu in the other pci slot, running a windows update, updating the bios, rolling back the bios to an older version and I'm stumped. any help would be appreciated so I can run my vga monitor for light tasks through the apu and then game & run Obs's nvenc encoder with the 1050ti, thank you in advance to anyone who helps me solve this.

I would guess to use the "force" option. This will force the iGpu to operate with a dedicated card.

The bios updates probably changed the wording as the video is 2 years old and I'd like to think your bios revision is much newer.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:45 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

I would guess to use the "force" option. This will force the iGpu to operate with a dedicated card.

The bios updates probably changed the wording as the video is 2 years old and I'd like to think your bios revision is much newer.

I was able to get the igpu to display with force but when I try to use my dedicated gpu it keeps giving me an error in windows display settings saying "display not dectected" as my gpu sits there spinning its fan, I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with the igpu where I need something like an rx570-580 which is also radeon graphics or if its just an issue with the 1050ti itself.

Try setting the Initial Display Output to the graphics card in the Peripherals tab if it's not set already.

3 hours ago, Rosette said:

Try setting the Initial Display Output to the graphics card in the Peripherals tab if it's not set already.

did just that and I still can't get a display on the igpu and the gpu at the same time

here's the settings I have in the bios:

Initial Display: PCI Slot 1 [1050ti]

Internal Gpu [Force] w 128mb

Not 100% sure, but it may be due to running NV graphics dedicated and AMD iGpu. 

If someone could back that statement, or knows of something else, I'm sure they'll chime in.

8 hours ago, AwooCrewSevilla said:

did just that and I still can't get a display on the igpu and the gpu at the same time

here's the settings I have in the bios:

Initial Display: PCI Slot 1 [1050ti]

Internal Gpu [Force] w 128mb

Does it use the iGPU when the dGPU isn't plugged into the monitor? Also for general use I would double the vRAM, more so if you're at 4K.

If that doesn't help then try uninstalling the Vega 8 drivers so Windows uses the generic driver.

Edited by Rosette
Just trying to help :)

On 11/16/2020 at 11:22 PM, Rosette said:

Does it use the iGPU when the dGPU isn't plugged into the monitor? Also for general use I would double the vRAM, more so if you're at 4K.

If that doesn't help then try uninstalling the Vega 8 drivers so Windows uses the generic driver.

it will turn on the igpu if the card is unplugged, I think its an issue with trying to run the igpu's radeon software and the nvidia drivers at the same time, so I've been trying to source an rx 570 to see if that is the case.