Need Help: ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA Z87 or MSI Mpower max Z87

Topic says it all, got 2 different builds a red one with the ASUS Mobo and a yellow one with the MSI Mobo... Price of the two builds are almost the same the only difference is that when I go with the yellow build I have to paint my case (NZXT H440).

Red build Specs:                                                                                                          Yellow build Specs:

CPU:        i7 4770k                                                                                                        CPU:      i7 4770k

Mobo:      Asus Maximus VI Formula                                                                            Mobo:     MSI MPOWER MAX AC Z87

RAM:       16GB 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer LED Red/Green                   RAM:      16GB 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer Blue

SSD:        120GB Samsung 840 EVO                                                                           SSD:      120GB Ssmsung 840 EVO

HDD:        1x TB Seagate; 1x 2 TB Seagate   (7200rpm)                                             HDD:      1x TB Seagate; 1x 2 TB Seagate (7200rpm)

GPU:        780 EVGA Superclocked ref.                                                                       GPU:       780 MSI LIGHTNING

PSU:        Corsair 850W 80+ Gold RM                                                                         PSU:        Corsair 850W 80+ Gold RM

Case: NZXT H440

As said earlier the only real difference is that with the yellow build I have to paint the red lines of the H440 yellow.

Ok i ask this question of everyone who i see thinking of buying the formula, why the formula over the hero.

red and blacks looking a bit common these days, but yellow.... i dunno its gonna look weird against black, but it could have the kinda wasp/bee type of effect if its done really well what paint would you use?

I would go with the red build because it matches with the red and black h440

Personally I would go with the Asus one since both motherboards are amazing and have about the same features plus I find the Asus looks a bit better with the Thermal Armor and you also won't have to paint your case then.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Ok i ask this question of everyone who i see thinking of buying the formula, why the formula over the hero.

red and blacks looking a bit common these days, but yellow.... i dunno its gonna look weird against black, but it could have the kinda wasp/bee type of effect if its done really well what paint would you use?

I will go with the same yellow that the 780 lightning and the Mpower has to match it perfectly but since I never saw them in person I don't know what yellow I have to use.. but I want the yellow to have a glossy finish.

I like the looks of it haha.

Personally I would go with the Asus one since both motherboards are amazing and have about the same features plus I find the Asus looks a bit better with the Thermal Armor and you also won't have to paint your case then.

Yeah I know..

Topic says it all, got 2 different builds a red one with the ASUS Mobo and a yellow one with the MSI Mobo... Price of the two builds are almost the same the only difference is that when I go with the yellow build I have to paint my case (NZXT H440).

Red build Specs:                                                                                                          Yellow build Specs:

CPU:        i7 4770k                                                                                                        CPU:      i7 4770k

Mobo:      Asus Maximus VI Formula                                                                            Mobo:     MSI MPOWER MAX AC Z87

RAM:       16GB 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer LED Red/Green                   RAM:      16GB 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer Blue

SSD:        120GB Samsung 840 EVO                                                                           SSD:      120GB Ssmsung 840 EVO

HDD:        1x TB Seagate; 1x 2 TB Seagate   (7200rpm)                                             HDD:      1x TB Seagate; 1x 2 TB Seagate (7200rpm)

GPU:        780 EVGA Superclocked ref.                                                                       GPU:       780 MSI LIGHTNING

PSU:        Corsair 850W 80+ Gold RM                                                                         PSU:        Corsair 850W 80+ Gold RM

Case: NZXT H440

As said earlier the only real difference is that with the yellow build I have to paint the red lines of the H440 yellow.

RED, RED, RED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, REDRED, RED

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I just got the MPower Max (Or will get it in about 7 hours), mainly because it was a bit cheaper and had the features I wanted. That being said, if you really like the design of the thermal armour (I'm a bit meh towards it), if you really want a red/black themed build (I want purple/yellow/black), and if you actually care about a watercooled chipset/heatsync (Which to me makes no difference), want to be able to do all of your overclocking from a seperate computer/console/tablet (Which I'm meh towards), and can justify the higher price point (Which I can't), then the ASUS board will probably be a better purchase (which for me, it wasn't).

If you do get the ASUS board, the ASUS DCII cooler does look really nice against it. Also have you considered Avexir Ram? They make an ROG themed kit with red lighting strips, and an MPower themed kit with Blue lighting strips. You should check them out here: http://www.avexir.com/product/blitzspec.html

Also consider that if you go down the watercooling path later on (Which I'm not sure if you will or not), you're a little more limited in terms of available blocks if you get a non-reference card

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM