Productivity RAM and GPU advice

Budget (including currency): $750AUD Graphics Card (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: After Effects, Blender, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Hitman 3, Far Cry, Sniper Elite, HTC Vive 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I do edit 4K 60fps footage. Not stressed about gameplay being any bigger than 1440 because I’ll probably just run it through my TV for gaming, but would like compatibility for VR.

The guts of it:

First post!

Basically building a rig so that I can game and edit. Already have case fans, CPU, CPU Cooler and Power Supply. A lot of my work is hosted through office servers so storage isn’t a huge issue, plus I have plenty of random hard drives laying around I can plug in whenever. I looked at buying a MacBook or iMac that would cope with my workload and honestly $5000 was too much... I currently work on a 2013 MacBook Pro with a GT970 so anything is better. 

Anyway, is the RAM I’ve selected below gonna keep up with what I need? I also have no clue what to do for GPU. Wait it out for 3060/Big Navi release and see what happens? Or try and get a discounted 2060/70/80 Super or 5700xt at the sales before the end of the year if that will already be enough for me? Most advice on GPUs for this system are welcome even if they’re above my budget because I’m flexible (but not getting a 3090 that’s massive overkill). I’ve only used NVIDIA and integrated Intel graphics so far.

I’ve built a VR gaming rig before but not a productivity rig because Macs have generally been able to keep up until now where I just can’t justify the high end price anymore for my personal use with animation and 3D. I have a pimped out iMac in the office at work but obviously can’t take that home. 

TIA!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($699.00 @ PC Byte) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($95.00 @ PC Byte) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($248.60 @ JW Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($197.99 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($96.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($141.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Essential 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($149.99 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($89.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $1836.48

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-14 22:07 AEDT+1100

1 minute ago, switchbladeeatworld said:

Budget (including currency): $750AUD Graphics Card

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: After Effects, Blender, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Hitman 3, Far Cry, Sniper Elite, HTC Vive 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I do edit 4K 60fps footage. Not stressed about gameplay being any bigger than 1440 because I’ll probably just run it through my TV for gaming, but would like compatibility for VR.

The guts of it:

Basically building a rig so that I can game and edit. Already have case fans, CPU, CPU Cooler and Power Supply. A lot of my work is hosted through office servers so storage isn’t a huge issue, plus I have plenty of random hard drives laying around I can plug in whenever. I looked at buying a MacBook or iMac that would cope with my workload and honestly $5000 was too much... I currently work on a 2013 MacBook Pro with a GT970 so anything is better. 

Anyway, is the RAM I’ve selected below gonna keep up with what I need? I also have no clue what to do for GPU. Wait it out for 3060/Big Navi release and see what happens? Or try and get a discounted 2060/70/80 Super or 5700xt at the sales before the end of the year if that will already be enough for me? Most advice on GPUs for this system are welcome even if they’re above my budget because I’m flexible (but not getting a 3090 that’s massive overkill). I’ve only used NVIDIA and integrated Intel graphics so far.

I’ve built a VR gaming rig before but not a productivity rig because Macs have generally been able to keep up until now where I just can’t justify the high end price anymore for my personal use with animation and 3D. I have a pimped out iMac in the office at work but obviously can’t take that home. 

TIA!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($699.00 @ PC Byte) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($95.00 @ PC Byte) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($248.60 @ JW Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($197.99 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($96.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($141.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Essential 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($149.99 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($89.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $1836.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-14 22:07 AEDT+1100

3070 or 6800 is the most you can get from that, wait until 6800 reviews to see wich is better