How to safely avoid administrator privileges popups for frequely used programs?

MBNeon

I'd like to do this for only apps i trust or should i just make my acount admin? This is for my personal computer BTW

There really isn't a safe way to do this that doesn't make for a super easy way to do privesc attacks. The better way is to set permissions on files so they dont' need admin access

You can make a shortcut that runs a program as a admin. Id would stay away from making your using a admin with no uac.

Making yourself an admin wouldn't remove the UAC prompt. If it's your personal PC, you're almost certainly already an admin unless it's actually asking you for credentials when it pops up. 

There is no way to remove the UAC prompt from individual applications natively in Windows. You can use task scheduler to do some trickery to create shortcuts that bypass the UAC prompt. There are some applications that allow you to create shortcuts, but they often use their own service to elevate permissions which is a potential security issue, especially from a application that is unlikely to be updated often. 

Alternatively, you can completely disable UAC. This poses its own problems as if something tries to run an application that requires admin permissions in the background, it just will, so you have no chance to say no if you don't recognise the application. 

Here's the Task scheduler method, which is arguably the safest method:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

42 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Making yourself an admin wouldn't remove the UAC prompt. If it's your personal PC, you're almost certainly already an admin unless it's actually asking you for credentials when it pops up. 

There is no way to remove the UAC prompt from individual applications natively in Windows. You can use task scheduler to do some trickery to create shortcuts that bypass the UAC prompt. There are some applications that allow you to create shortcuts, but they often use their own service to elevate permissions which is a potential security issue, especially from a application that is unlikely to be updated often. 

Alternatively, you can completely disable UAC. This poses its own problems as if something tries to run an application that requires admin permissions in the background, it just will, so you have no chance to say no if you don't recognise the application. 

Here's the Task scheduler method, which is arguably the safest method:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

Welp it seems i'm too dumb... thanks windows 10?

On 11/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, MBNeon said:

Welp it seems i'm too dumb... thanks windows 10?

This behavior is on all modern OSs. What are you are trying to do? It isn't typically normal that programs require elevated credentials each time they start.

idk I don't remember I havent really used/had a pc sence like uhhhh XP?

On 11/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, GoodBytes said:

This behavior is on all modern OSs. What are you are trying to do? It isn't typically normal that programs require elevated credentials each time they start.