Layout advice

Go to solution Solved by Helpful Tech Witch,

I would just turn the cooler 90* counter clockwise.

Hey Guy's

When i first built this i was in a rush so just chucked everything in and got it working.I was thinking about Giving it a deep clean and was wondering if i should move some fan's around. I currently have 3 fan's in the front pulling air in. 2 in top and one in the back pushing out. The PSU pulls in from the bottom and push's out the back.

The GPU is a EVGA 1080 SC connected to one 1080p 144hz moniter. This is usually at 55°C when just browsing/ watching things. The GPU is about 2-3cm above the PSU shroud.

I was thinking of moving the two fan's over to the right and move the bottom fan from the CPU cooler to the top. this would let me move the GPU to the PCIe slot above currently hidden under the fan. As this creates a bigger area below the GPU it would have more access to cooler air and i'm assuming it would run a little cooler.

Is this all worth doing or will this not make much of a difference and i should just leave it as it is.

Thanks

pc.jpg

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I didn't do because the shroud around the IO won't let me have a fan near the back and the Ram block's it in the front.

I guess the rear case fan can act as the second fan on the cooler.Ah I'm going to have to redo the cooler mounting and back plate.

Thanks for the advice

You can lift the fans though.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler