Apple Battery being VERY strange.

Downkey

So i've had my 6th gen IPad for about 2.5 years, and I normally get a consistent 6 hours on screen on time.

So last night I plugged my pad in, only to find out it wasn't charging when I woke up.
Weird considering everything was plugged in, but whatever. 

Then, I watched videos while eating breakfast for an hour, and the battery didn't go down from 13%. Strange, but ok.

Then, I start school and check my battery, and it's at 17%? 

Now, I just checked my battery (I haven't used it after watching the videos earlier) and it at 8%.

What? I'm so confused on what Apple does, and how that even happens

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 hours ago, Downkey said:

So i've had my 6th gen IPad for about 2.5 years, and I normally get a consistent 6 hours on screen on time.

So last night I plugged my pad in, only to find out it wasn't charging when I woke up.

Then, I watched videos while eating breakfast for an hour, and the battery didn't go down from 13%. Strange, but ok.

Now, I just checked my battery (I haven't used it after watching the videos earlier) and it at 8%.

How old is the charger wire? Could be breaking and causing it to charge only at specific angles 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, Downkey said:

The GUI interface is sometimes not very accurate to how much battery you truly have, but I'd inspect your cable and charger and if possible try a different one altogether. Also look at the port itself and make sure there isn't anything obvious that might hinder a charge, like dirt and/or dust. Also try charging with the tablet completely off.