How's this for 1080p144hz?

Gingercan

Budget (including currency): About €800 / 8000SEK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Presonus studio one 3 Professional, CS:GO, Rocket League, Sea of Thieves, GTA V, Apex Legends

Other details 

Hi again!

Currently on an i7-4771 + 1060 6GB and looking to upgrade around black friday. Here's what I'm thinking:

Note that I already have a case, PSU and storage. My plan is to get an M.2 drive further down the line but I'll live with my SATA SSDs for now. 

Is this a good pick? Would it be stupid to go for a 5700 (if it drops a lot in price) or a 2060s instead and buy an M.2 right away? 

You won't notice a difference between SATA and PCIe M.2 drives when gaming is your main concern.

Anyway, the 3600 and 5700XT is a great combo and will be a big upgrade.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You won't notice a difference between SATA and PCIe M.2 drives when gaming is your main concern.

Anyway, the 3600 and 5700XT is a great combo and will be a big upgrade.

Thanks for your insight! On the other hand, would a 3600 and 5700XT be overkill for 1080p144hz? I'm not planning to upgrade my display anytime soon but would like to be able to use the setup for a good few years ideally. 

Overkill? No. Many AAA games will still not run at maxed 144 FPS.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Overkill? No. Many AAA games will still not run at maxed 144 FPS.

Well there we go. I'll go ahead and put up a few watchlists for the stuff above then. Thanks a bunch!

1 hour ago, Gingercan said:

Budget (including currency): About €800 / 8000SEK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Presonus studio one 3 Professional, CS:GO, Rocket League, Sea of Thieves, GTA V, Apex Legends

Other details 

Hi again!

Currently on an i7-4771 + 1060 6GB and looking to upgrade around black friday. Here's what I'm thinking:

Note that I already have a case, PSU and storage. My plan is to get an M.2 drive further down the line but I'll live with my SATA SSDs for now. 

Is this a good pick? Would it be stupid to go for a 5700 (if it drops a lot in price) or a 2060s instead and buy an M.2 right away? 

If it's not too much in your country get ryzen 5 3600 x or xt, it's definitely better in my country it was like 5$ so yea

1 hour ago, FoxoJack said:

If it's not too much in your country get ryzen 5 3600 x or xt, it's definitely better in my country it was like 5$ so yea

Here, the X is like $30-40 more than the non-x and, as I understand it, the main difference is the included cooler and a slightly higher factory clock. Afaik, they're functionally the same processor. 

On 11/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, Gingercan said:

Here, the X is like $30-40 more than the non-x and, as I understand it, the main difference is the included cooler and a slightly higher factory clock. Afaik, they're functionally the same processor. 

I would not go for it, for that price