Defective cable or bad drivers? Intel Graphics

Newblesse Obblige

I just got my DVI-D cable and it seems it cant display anything. I am using a iGPU for now as my graphics card is coming soon. The monitors(s) detected something but there is no output, it is just in sleep mode. But the monitor(s) can detect current VGA cable. Is my drivers bad or the cable is bad?

What CPU do you have? A few people have made the mistake of thinking a Ryzen CPU will let you use onboard gfx but you need an APU for it to work.

Sorry just seen you said intel (Read the question properly damn it)

What monitor are you connecting to? Are you sure you're not sending DVI-Digital to DVI-Analogue?

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

To be honest, the simplest thing, though security wise is would be a bit iffy, you'd want a complex password and to take other steps too...

You could have an always on PC running teamviewer (or similar) on the network then just check things through that machine.

Not ideal at all but a quick workaround.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

6 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

What CPU do you have? A few people have made the mistake of thinking a Ryzen CPU will let you use onboard gfx but you need an APU for it to work.

Sorry just seen you said intel (Read the question properly damn it)

What monitor are you connecting to? Are you sure you're not sending DVI-Digital to DVI-Analogue?

A generic 900p 19 inch(?) Lenovo monitor and same spec-ed Dell monitor(for testing purposes). 

Both monitors have DVI-D ports and my motherboard has the same port too.