No network adapters - cant access internet

While waiting for my 5900x to arrive, i decided to put 2600 into my new b550 tomahawk as i heard it works fine. I know its not offically supported (which may well be the issue) but the cpu works fine, its just i have no internet? 

Ive tried every solution i can fine, and nothing works. Ive installed thr chipset drives, the lan drivers, i even put my old wifi card in and installed those drivers. Nothing.

The only thing that works is usb thethering from my phone, but nothing else. The only adapters that show up when i click show adapter options, is my bluetooth dongle, no ethernet or wifi card or anything. In device manager, under network adapters, its just the blutooth again, as well ad a whole bunch of different WAN things. No realtek ethernet or wifi card or anything.

In device manager again, under other devices, it says network controller. No idea of this is the realtek ethernet or the wifi card as its just that generic name, but its got the yellow triangle saying its not working, and nothing i do seems to help.

When i downloaded the lan drivers from msi, and installed them, when it was done it said somethig along the lines of realtek network adapter could not be found, if deep sleep is enabled plug in the cable or something like that. Apparently i had to reset my motherboard settings to fix that, so i did, and it still didnt help. 

What can i do? Ive tried everything i could find, so if u give me a solution, dont be surprise if i tell u it wont work. Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, BigChobbs said:

While waiting for my 5900x to arrive, i decided to put 2600 into my new b550 tomahawk as i heard it works fine. I know its not offically supported (which may well be the issue) but the cpu works fine, its just i have no internet? 

Ive tried every solution i can fine, and nothing works. Ive installed thr chipset drives, the lan drivers, i even put my old wifi card in and installed those drivers. Nothing.

The only thing that works is usb thethering from my phone, but nothing else. The only adapters that show up when i click show adapter options, is my bluetooth dongle, no ethernet or wifi card or anything. In device manager, under network adapters, its just the blutooth again, as well ad a whole bunch of different WAN things. No realtek ethernet or wifi card or anything.

In device manager again, under other devices, it says network controller. No idea of this is the realtek ethernet or the wifi card as its just that generic name, but its got the yellow triangle saying its not working, and nothing i do seems to help.

When i downloaded the lan drivers from msi, and installed them, when it was done it said somethig along the lines of realtek network adapter could not be found, if deep sleep is enabled plug in the cable or something like that. Apparently i had to reset my motherboard settings to fix that, so i did, and it still didnt help. 

What can i do? Ive tried everything i could find, so if u give me a solution, dont be surprise if i tell u it wont work. Thanks in advance.

Ryzen 5 2600 should be supported in B550 motherboards. I'm pretty sure the B550 Tomahawk doesn't have inbuilt wifi. If it says something about deep sleep, you need to go to the BIOS and disable that. Have you tried plugging the Ethernet cable anyways? Try it before and after disabling the deep sleep feature in the BIOS.

11 minutes ago, Rooked said:

Ryzen 5 2600 should be supported in B550 motherboards. I'm pretty sure the B550 Tomahawk doesn't have inbuilt wifi. If it says something about deep sleep, you need to go to the BIOS and disable that. Have you tried plugging the Ethernet cable anyways? Try it before and after disabling the deep sleep feature in the BIOS.

I cannot find any deep sleep setting in the bios. I mean a pci wifi card, not built in. Ive tried ethernet, no luck. 

Just now, BigChobbs said:

I cannot find any deep sleep setting in the bios. I mean a pci wifi card, not built in. Ive tried ethernet, no luck. 

Ah, okay. Can you go to device management, go to network adapters and check the power management of the realtek network adapter under the properties? If 'Allow the computer to turn off..' was checked, uncheck it and restart your PC. See if that works.

24 minutes ago, Rooked said:

Ah, okay. Can you go to device management, go to network adapters and check the power management of the realtek network adapter under the properties? If 'Allow the computer to turn off..' was checked, uncheck it and restart your PC. See if that works.

There is no realtek network adapter in the device manager, thats the biggest issue. Many of the solutions i find were asking me to do something with it, but its not even there in the first place 

If your motherboard is the MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, here are the download site for the realtek drivers the motherboard has (RTL8125B), try putting the Win10 Auto Installation Program in a USB drive and transferring it, then install it.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

WARNING, ONLY IF YOUR MOTHERBOARD IS THE SAME MODEL AS I'M REFERENCING TO

23 minutes ago, Rooked said:

If your motherboard is the MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, here are the download site for the realtek drivers the motherboard has (RTL8125B), try putting the Win10 Auto Installation Program in a USB drive and transferring it, then install it.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

WARNING, ONLY IF YOUR MOTHERBOARD IS THE SAME MODEL AS I'M REFERENCING TO

No it doesnt work. Also, the port lights on either ethernet port are not active. 

No it doesnt work. Also, the port lights on either ethernet port are not active. 

Faulty motherboard? Can you ask for a new one?

2 minutes ago, Rooked said:

Faulty motherboard? Can you ask for a new one?

How can i be sure its a faulty board though? And not some driver issue? It seems odd that BOTH ethernet ports would be busted, as well my wifi card not working, yet everything else works fine?

How can i be sure its a faulty board though? And not some driver issue?

If the port lights on the ethernet is not on, that means the motherboard can't access that port. Has to be a hardware issue.

21 minutes ago, Rooked said:

If the port lights on the ethernet is not on, that means the motherboard can't access that port. Has to be a hardware issue.

I tried it with ubuntu live usb and it also doesnt work so its defo the mobo. Ill see if msi can help, if not ill have to return it.

1 hour ago, Rooked said:

Okay, so i updated to the latest bios as a last ditch attempt, and it finally worked. The reason i didnt try earlier is cos i didnt know if they removed support for older cpus, but it works just fine.

2 hours ago, BigChobbs said:

Okay, so i updated to the latest bios as a last ditch attempt, and it finally worked. The reason i didnt try earlier is cos i didnt know if they removed support for older cpus, but it works just fine.

Nice!