Any Programmers hang out here? Looking for a screen suggestion.

t33to

I'm gonna be doing a lot of programming this winter, and I've never actually cared what screen I use but I've been noticing my eyes seem to be straining more than what was normal a year or so ago. So two things:

1. I want a screen that will damage my eyes as little possible.

2. Be nice for programming (reading lots of text).

I'm undecided on size. I was actually curious if getting a relatively small 4k TV would be a good option. Would be nicer than having multiple displays?

So, suggestions? Options? Also curious if perhaps getting a good back light lamp in my office would be a good idea.

TIA

Make sure to regularly  look at something else than your screen ( maybe out of your Window just not another thing that is close to your eyes )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

38 minutes ago, t33to said:

I'm gonna be doing a lot of programming this winter, and I've never actually cared what screen I use but I've been noticing my eyes seem to be straining more than what was normal a year or so ago.

You should visit an optician and check if you need to buy glasses instead of a display.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You should visit an optician and check if you need to buy glasses instead of a display.

Is that a possibility? There can be a problem in the eyes that an optician can fix that has symptoms of eyes slowing feeling strained after long periods of computer use?

Just now, t33to said:

Is that a possibility? There can be a problem in the eyes that an optician can fix that has symptoms of eyes slowing feeling strained after long periods of computer use?

I wouldn't have suggested it, if it wasn't a possibility: yes, if you need glasses, you may get headaches more easily, your eyes may get tired and feel like you're straining to focus, your eyes may even begin to ache and so on. I am speaking from personal experience, myself.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I wouldn't have suggested it, if it wasn't a possibility: yes, if you need glasses, you may get headaches more easily, your eyes may get tired and feel like you're straining to focus, your eyes may even begin to ache and so on. I am speaking from personal experience, myself.

Thanks. I'll look into that.