HDR issues on a Asus ROG Swift PG329Q (Update)

Skip_Franken

I wrote to the Russian-speaking technical support. They say that in this way the monitor saves the matrix and the dims time depends on the picture shown by the monitor. They only offered to take it to a service center to increase this time with the help of firmware.
But I am dissapointed by sudden dimss at important moments during the gaming, without any warning message.
The question is, why is this feature of this monitor not indicated anywhere in the instructions and on the website? Is there a way to disable this sudden dims.

It turns out this is a deliberate deception of buyers.
Imagine you bought a car with a maximum speed of 200 km/h, whose speed suddenly drops to 100 km without warning after 30 minutes of driving. For example, during overtaking.

• 5 weeks later...

according to a moderator on the asus forum, the auto dimming is a built in feature for "protection to be used for a longer time", see below for the reply

"There is a protection mechanism of the LCD when turning on the HDR mode, the monitor would dim a bit after a while.
This mechanism is to protect the panel to be used for a longer time.
It can not be changed
But I can't not be sure if your situation is exactly this issue so I would like to double confirm.
So if you happen to capture some picture or video, please share with me."

link to the post below

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122797-Asus-PG329Q-dimming-automatically&p=826795#post826795

• 8 months later...

I've just received my PG329Q, doing the same and I see many others experiencing the issue. I hope it helps to let you know they've released a firmware update! However, I am struggling to get it go complete.

It's a beautiful monitor, and I refuse to let this issue ruin it for me, but, if you have any luck, let me know!

Screenshot (3).png

• 5 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 10:40 PM, Uproot said:

I've just received my PG329Q, doing the same and I see many others experiencing the issue. I hope it helps to let you know they've released a firmware update! However, I am struggling to get it go complete.

It's a beautiful monitor, and I refuse to let this issue ruin it for me, but, if you have any luck, let me know!

Screenshot (3).png

Hey did you happen to get the update working? and did it fix the issue at all?
I've been having the samme issues on my model, at came at V033 from the box