witch of those cases(asus tuf gt501 or Corsair Graphite 780T) is better i am not planning to use liquid cooling my motherboard is either b550 aorus pro or b550 aorus elite or b550 tomahawk with a amd 5600x and a Noctua NH-D15

Personal I'd get the tuf gt 501.

But if you need 5.25 drive bays. You'll want the 780t. As the gt501 doesn't have any.

5 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Personal I'd get the tuf gt 501.

But if you need 5.25 drive bays. You'll want the 780t. As the gt501 doesn't have any.

i have a 3.5 drive and 2 ssd from samsung do you have a tuf case?

how is the ssd mounting system like

10 hours ago, SilverRaven said:

i have a 3.5 drive and 2 ssd from samsung do you have a tuf case?

how is the ssd mounting system like

Get the tuf case

If these are your only two options, and you care more about airflow, then the 780T would be the better case, although it's very old and I dont believe has any SSD mounts. 

Are there other options you could consider, or are your options limited due to local selection?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

If these are your only two options, and you care more about airflow, then the 780T would be the better case, although it's very old and I dont believe has any SSD mounts. 

Are there other options you could consider, or are your options limited due to local selection?

limited do to local selection and the 780t does have tooless ssd mounts in the back wich one is better overall (build sturdiness) and what is the problem with the 501 airflow  

Build Sturdiness? They're likely pretty similar based on appearances (I've never worked with either directly though I'm using the little brother to the 780T, the 380T)

Airflow in the GT501 has to come through the side holes on the front panel, which honestly isnt a lot of airflow given how small and how few of them there are. The Lian Li Lancool 2 as an example has a similar front panel design, and is outclassed heavily by the mesh version in airflow testing. Therefore, similar theories can be created for case matchups with the same front panel designs (small side vents vs full mesh fronted cases)

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

My 380T has the exact same SDD mounting style as the 780t, so having used it I can say I generally like it, as there are many sleds that require you to attach screws to a sled and then you mount the sled. This has no screws or sleds, just a locking tab to hold the corner in. I have Two SSD's in there now and I've traveled with this and never had an SSD fall out, so a case that's stationary should have zero issues.

20181009_212035.thumb.jpg.699d9b8f93a431dca4293470c7e72290.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

36 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Build Sturdiness? They're likely pretty similar based on appearances (I've never worked with either directly though I'm using the little brother to the 780T, the 380T)

Airflow in the GT501 has to come through the side holes on the front panel, which honestly isnt a lot of airflow given how small and how few of them there are. The Lian Li Lancool 2 as an example has a similar front panel design, and is outclassed heavily by the mesh version in airflow testing. Therefore, similar theories can be created for case matchups with the same front panel designs (small side vents vs full mesh fronted cases)

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

My 380T has the exact same SDD mounting style as the 780t, so having used it I can say I generally like it, as there are many sleds that require you to attach screws to a sled and then you mount the sled. This has no screws or sleds, just a locking tab to hold the corner in. I have Two SSD's in there now and I've traveled with this and never had an SSD fall out, so a case that's stationary should have zero issues.

20181009_212035.thumb.jpg.699d9b8f93a431dca4293470c7e72290.jpg

my main concern about the 780t is the side panel handles(the car door like leaver) are they any good? because i saw some reviews that said they are horrible

and thank you for the help 

2 minutes ago, SilverRaven said:

my main concern about the 780t is the side panel handles(the car door like leaver) are they any good? because i saw some reviews that said they are horrible

I've seen the levers used in person before because a friend of a friend had one, and while I didn't use them myself, the 380T's are similar (not exact)

I personally LOVE the 380T's handles. They work very well for me at least. Lining up the entire panel correctly when remounting is the only "hard" or "tedious" part, which really isn't that bad once oyu get used to it. Like putting on a sliding rear panel properly so that all 4 corner tabs slide in. 

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I've seen the levers used in person before because a friend of a friend had one, and while I didn't use them myself, the 380T's are similar (not exact)

I personally LOVE the 380T's handles. They work very well for me at least. Lining up the entire panel correctly when remounting is the only "hard" or "tedious" part, which really isn't that bad once oyu get used to it. Like putting on a sliding rear panel properly so that all 4 corner tabs slide in. 

how good is the air flow on 780t?

1 minute ago, SilverRaven said:

how good is the air flow on 780t?

I'll simplay say: Good.