X58 Help with Installation and Hardware choices

Howdy!

I have a bunch a bunch of parts and everything to make a X58 build but I'd like some help on getting Windows for it.  Here are the specs: 

PSU: Thermaltake 650W Bronze 

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 UD3R Rev2.0 & an Evga x58 132-bl-e758

Thermal Paste: Noctua NT-H1

CPU: Both an Intel i7-950 and an Intel Xeon x5670 (can get to bios with both boards and prefer to use the Xeon)

Ram: 4gb Hynix stick 

Cooler: H75 AIO water cooler from Corsair  (what fan speed should I set the pump at btw?) 

GPU: GTX 650 Ti Boost 2

Storage: A super cheap 64gb SSD from Vaseky

Right now I'm trying to install Windows on it, but I've seen a few posts in different places that have said that Windows 10 will work and also others that say only certain Revisions of it will.  So I decided I'll probably be going with just Windows 7.  

Where would I be able to find a copy or could I make a Windows 7 copy to a flash drive from my Windows 10 laptop?

Also for you X58 lovers, which motherboard would be better for some overclocking and general ease of use?  I plan on OC'ing the CPU and GPU (I know that I'll need to push the base clock quite a bit for CPU of course)  The EVGA mb has an active Northbridge cooler while Gigabyte is only passive, so that'd push me to lean towards EVGA but I'd love some advice!

Thank you for any help!!

Win 10 will work just fine. Yeah it tends to take FOREVER for some reason on certain x58 configs to get through the setup but just be patient. The evga does seem like the better of the 2.

I've installed windows 10 on some seriously old X58 boards just for fun, I definitely recommend trying a windows 10 download for convenience's sake.

12 minutes ago, Mduff said:

Also for you X58 lovers, which motherboard would be better for some overclocking and general ease of use?

That EVGA board has an 8 layer PCB which is recommended for overclocking, and EVGA makes really good boards in general, often among the best of the best for a given generation.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Mduff said:

Also for you X58 lovers, which motherboard would be better for some overclocking and general ease of use?

The EVGA board is definitely better for overclocking (coming from a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R owner)

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones