checking system

ok im about to put my system together, and i have a corsair h100i, and i want to stick it together outside the case real fast to make sure everything works, the only thing is i dont know if i should put the intel stock cooler on or what because i dont have any alcohol to clean off any thermal paste to then put on the h100i so what exactly should i do

You don't really need the alcohol to clean it up. 

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

You don't really need the alcohol to clean it up. 

what should i use just a cloth or some toilet paper or something

The best idea would be to just go to your local drug store and buy some isopropyl alcohol. Test it with the Intel stock cooler and then when you take the cooler off just put some alcohol on a cloth or toilet paper and make sure the surface of the CPU is clean before putting the H100i's thermal paste on and attaching the H100i. It's worth it to just get a bottle of isopropyl alcohol for future use also. Happy building :D

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

If you can't get your hands on Isopropyl (e.g. you're in the UK) then Akasa TIM Clean is an easier to find alternative that works really well

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

what should i use just a cloth or some toilet paper or something

That's fine. I just use a paper towel.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i only had the intel cooler on for about a half hour, it just wiped right off with a paper towel, i wouldn't have even needed any alcohol to help clean it. 

When I don't have isopropyl alcohol to clean the left overs of the thermal compound I sometimes use some kind of liquor, which I have around the house like whiskey or bourbon and it does the job really well.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here