Is mi 10 lite 5g worth it?

giwrgosp-

Currently I have a mi 8 lite and I'm thinking of buying a mi 10 lite. I can find it at 280 euros. Is it much of an upgrade? Will I notice a big difference in responsiveness? How are the cameras of mi 10 lite 5g compared to mi 8 lite's? 

I don't know the difference between Mi 10 Lite 5G and Mi 8 Lite, but I have the Mi 10 Lite 5G and it's awesome. Very good 48MP camera - detailed shots and 1080 60fps recording (it also has 4K 30fps). Amazing screen, good looking notch, corners a little bit too rounded for my taste, huge screen. And ofc, 5G (never had the chance to test it). Battery could be bigger tho, fast charging is ok. If you want a little bigger camera (64MP), a bigger battery (5000mAh) and faster fast charging, you can buy the Mi Note 10 Lite, but no 5G (doesn't really matter if it is expensive or not very implemented in your country) and I like the design of Mi 10 Lite more.

k

24 minutes ago, giwrgosp- said:

Currently I have a mi 8 lite and I'm thinking of buying a mi 10 lite. I can find it at 280 euros. Is it much of an upgrade? Will I notice a big difference in responsiveness? How are the cameras of mi 10 lite 5g compared to mi 8 lite's? 

If your current phone fulfils what you need don't upgrade. They're mid to low end android phones there's not much difference, 5G isn't worth it and won't be for a while yet and camera wise in this price point look for a pixel because the only phone that's in the same bracket are iPhones and they're not cheap. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

14 minutes ago, mxnugget said:

I don't know the difference between Mi 10 Lite 5G and Mi 8 Lite, but I have the Mi 10 Lite 5G and it's awesome. Very good 48MP camera - detailed shots and 1080 60fps recording (it also has 4K 30fps). Amazing screen, good looking notch, corners a little bit too rounded for my taste, huge screen. And ofc, 5G (never had the chance to test it). Battery could be bigger tho, fast charging is ok. If you want a little bigger camera (64MP), a bigger battery (5000mAh) and faster fast charging, you can buy the Mi Note 10 Lite, but no 5G (doesn't really matter if it is expensive or not very implemented in your country) and I like the design of Mi 10 Lite more.

Megapixels mean nothing, if anything cramming more into a small sensor degrades quality. If a professional grade camera is more than fine with 24MP why does a smartphone with a tony sensor need any more? 

@huilun02 NFC is also a reason im considering the upgrade (mobile payments)

Thanks for the responses guys :)

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

To answer your question, yes the Mi 10 Lite 5G will be a significant upgrade on all fronts compared to the Mi 8 Lite

What you gain:

• Screen is now OLED with smaller cutout for the front camera

Not worth upgrading a phone for

• Much more advanced SD765G chipset with 5G support

5G is pointless for 99% of people and in this bracket the difference between the chipsets doesn't make much of a differnce

• More RAM at the low end and high end

Paired with weaker chipsets more RAM doesn't do much for you, 4GB should be enough

• More storage at the high end, albeit you lose the microSD slot

They're not getting the high end with the price they listed

• Better main camera, additional dedicated ultrawide camera, additional dedicated macro camera. Visibly superior across the board even when there is no OIS.

Neither phone has a good camera, UW is nice but the jump even with everything else isn't worth it

• Under-screen fingerprint reader

Which are worse than traditional ones so that's actually a downgrade

• Headphone jack

RIP

• FM radio

RIP

• NFC

Nice but again not massive. 

• Bigger battery with USB PD 3.0, significantly improved endurance

Battery shouldn't be an issue anyway and most phones can charge past the spec anyway. I was charging my iPhone 5 with an iPad charger to charge it faster for years.

Overall just save more and make a jump to something worth the expense or just get something used. A pixel 4 used would offer a much better experience over the Mi 10 for a similar price. 

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Yeah I dont care and I doubt he does either

He asked specifically about how the Mi 10 Lite 5G compares to the Mi 8 Lite and got his answer :)

It's not worth upgrading to? The upgrades aren't significant and in some areas it's even a downgrade. People should stop buying these low end phones and just buy one used.

10 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

It's not worth upgrading to? The upgrades aren't significant and in some areas it's even a downgrade. People should stop buying these low end phones and just buy one used.

You can't call that a low end phone. It's practically a pixel 4 5G minus the camera. Everything else is the same or better while costing less.

I searched and compared it with other devices in terms of performance (benchmarks mostly) and I concluded it is a major update compared to my mi 8 lite. I will buy it. :) Thanks for all the responses.

11 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Trash

22 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

camera wise in this price point look for a pixel