Tablet recommendations - Teclast M40?

msacco

Hey, I'm looking for a simple tablet, I'll use it to remote control over my windows machine which would be around 5-10 meters away from me usually. That means that both 2.4G/5G are required, I think it's standard in almost everything now tho?

I won't be doing much on the machine I'll remote control, so I don't think it should require much power, just display some softwares and in case needed change a few things, this is mostly for monitoring and shouldn't be powered all the time.

Battery life is something to consider here. I will be able to charge, but I won't have infinite amount of power(it won't be in my home), charging with 5V is rather easy, so I don't worry much, but it is a point to note.

Other stuff such as cameras, audio and similar stuff - doesn't matter at all, it's completely useless for me.

So as the title says, I thought about getting the Teclast M40 which just looks like a great and cheap tablet for my needs.

It has an octa core processor, 10.1" screen size, 6GB of ram, 128GB of memory, type c charging. These specs looks really great for the price of just $170 including keyboard and other useful accessories: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000067365785.html

This is a fairly new tablet, so unfortunately I couldn't find any actual reviews yet, but it's a newer version of the Teclast M30 which I found tons of great reviews on.

Thanks for the help.

5 minutes ago, msacco said:

Hey, I'm looking for a simple tablet, I'll use it to remote control over my windows machine which would be around 5-10 meters away from me usually. That means that both 2.4G/5G are required, I think it's standard in almost everything now tho?

I won't be doing much on the machine I'll remote control, so I don't think it should require much power, just display some softwares and in case needed change a few things, this is mostly for monitoring and shouldn't be powered all the time.

Battery life is something to consider here. I will be able to charge, but I won't have infinite amount of power(it won't be in my home), charging with 5V is rather easy, so I don't worry much, but it is a point to note.

Other stuff such as cameras, audio and similar stuff - doesn't matter at all, it's completely useless for me.

So as the title says, I thought about getting the Teclast M40 which just looks like a great and cheap tablet for my needs.

It has an octa core processor, 10.1" screen size, 6GB of ram, 128GB of memory, type c charging. These specs looks really great for the price of just $170 including keyboard and other useful accessories: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000067365785.html

This is a fairly new tablet, so unfortunately I couldn't find any actual reviews yet, but it's a newer version of the Teclast M30 which I found tons of great reviews on.

Thanks for the help.

Ipads are simple. 5G coming soon on ipads I think.

5 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Ipads are simple. 5G coming soon on ipads I think.

Thanks, but I'm not going to willingly buy an apple product. I like to pay for the product value, and not the brand. Also, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. Also, it doesn't have 5G?!?!?

Just now, msacco said:

Thanks, but I'm not going to willingly buy an apple product. I like to pay for the product value, and not the brand. Also, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. Also, it doesn't have 5G?!?!?

oh sorry I dont know a lot about ipads..

Just now, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

oh sorry I dont know a lot about ipads..

So why do you jump and just suggest one mate? 😕

Just now, msacco said:

So why do you jump and just suggest one mate? 😕

Forgive me?

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

He's basically just looking for a remote monitor, and not a tablet. And he wants 2.4Ghz/5Ghz wifi, not 5G cell radio capability.

Yep, got it right. It probably does need to have some processing power to process what ever is displayed on the screen, but...idk how much that should be, I guess a simple tablet would do the job.

Just now, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Forgive me?

Ofc dear ❤️

Just try to suggest something relevant next time :D

Just now, msacco said:

Ofc dear ❤️

Just try to suggest something relevant next time :D

Thanks man

https://www.amazon.com/MatrixPad-Android-Quad-Core-Processor-Bluetooth/dp/B08BLGFZBS/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=tablet&sr=8-10 

this looks like a cheap tablet on amazon that looks good for your use.

Amazon has some good sub $100 tablets.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

27 minutes ago, msacco said:

Also, it doesn't have 5G?!?!?

it does, I think he meant 5G as in like the cell phone network like 4G LTE and 5G.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

7 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

https://www.amazon.com/MatrixPad-Android-Quad-Core-Processor-Bluetooth/dp/B08BLGFZBS/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=tablet&sr=8-10 

this looks like a cheap tablet on amazon that looks good for your use.

Amazon has some good sub $100 tablets.

The screen is very small though, I'd probably prefer a larger screen. Why do you think it's better than the tablet I sent?

I can't even find the processor and amount of RAM. It also has only 3000mAh battery, but I guess it's ok for that screen size.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

it does, I think he meant 5G as in like the cell phone network like 4G LTE and 5G.

Oh lol...Couldn't care less about it for my needs :) 

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 has great specs for the price. The Plus model is 10" if you want the bigger screen.

I can't seem to find it anywhere? aliexpress/banggood/amazon. What about the lenovos? Seems to be the same specs wise.

21 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Could you elaborate how you came to that conclusion?

Hmm yeah it appears to not be in good availability at the moment, for the international market at least

Are you in the US?

It just seems close to identical, maybe a slightly faster CPU for the xiaomi, but other than than ram, screen, etc seems pretty similar.

I'm not in the US unfortunately.

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Hmm the Taclast M40 looks like your best thus far

Unfortunately there aren't many great Android tablet options from reputable brands, for the price you looking at. And its not my job to find out whats available for someone at an unknown location.

I've only ever used Samsung tablets

Never used a Teclast product

"And its not my job to find out whats available for someone at an unknown location." you're saying that as if I said it is or expected that 🙄

Do you think the Teclast would be a better option than the Lenovo's I posted?

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Just in case :) 

Well, you're right. With the amount of rude people in the world, you can never know :D

48 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yes, based on its specs and the fact that you get a keyboard and stuff

It has two Cortex A75 cores, whereas the the Lenovo M10 Plus only has A53 cores

Also more RAM and storage

This is why I questioned your comment that they looked similar

The chipset manufacturer "Unisoc" is one I have never heard of, and apparently not widely used

My worry is that the tablet does not live up to its claims.

Oh by similar specs I meant the xiaomi and the lenovo, it seems like the xiaomi has slightly better CPU/GPU, but generally not far behind(unless I got it wrong :) )

Anyhow, I think I'm gonna give the M40 a chance. Maybe it will be a mistake, hopefully not :) In the worst case, I'll just give it to someone who will be able to use enjoy it.

By "not live up to its claims", are you referring to incorrect specs, or just shitty performance even though the specs are correct?

One more question, I also want to get a tablet for my grandpa, he likes to watch some movies and stuff like that, he's not using any service that requires widevine L1, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get him the M40 as well. The thing is, for my case I could probably deal with weird things in case something happens, I could install custom rom in worst cases, and just deal with problems more easily. He shouldn't do much on the tablet honestly, but still, not sure it would be a good idea getting him a chinese tablet, especially since there are no reviews on this one yet, while there are a lot of great reviews for something like the Alldocube iPlay 20 or similars.

What do you think about it?

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It can be anything. I never bought a mobile device or computer related equipment from such remote brands, to find out what are the things that can go amiss

I seriously doubt you will find a custom rom for this tablet. Installing a custom rom on mobile devices is nothing like installing a PC operating system. To put it simply, the rom has to be compiled specifically for the hardware model, and the procedure to install typically has to be tailored to the model as well, in addition to not being user friendly in the first place. I am not going to entertain any further questions regarding custom software.

If you dont want to tolerate any chance of shady software, you will have to pass on the M40.

I've actually found lots of customs roms for some of the tablets I looked at, like the M30, iPlay 20 and similars, but I wonder how much that improves the device.