Is it worth it?

spwath

So is it worth my money to buy a sennheiser HD 558 for $128.50?

I would have to saccrifice getting a k70 or RGB for a quickfire XT

I currently have v-moda crossfade LP that i would keep for public use

ONboard audio

I would use the sennheisers for around the house listnening and playing games such as bf4, hitman absolution, and dirt 3.

I I listen to music like, Boston, the who, the beatles, weezer, bowling for soup, ect

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes IMO, a upgrade to headphones is worth not getting a better keyboard.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

yeah, then the 558's are the way to go, they are really good for the price, and have the same driver as the 598, you can modify them to be the 598 but sacrifice the tiny bit of bass that it has. Also playing games with open headphones is quite an experience, it really creates positional audio I never thought possible when I originally thought to go and get closed gaming headsets. 

yeah, then the 558's are the way to go, they are really good for the price, and have the same driver as the 598, you can modify them to be the 598 but sacrifice the tiny bit of bass that it has. Also playing games with open headphones is quite an experience, it really creates positional audio I never thought possible when I originally thought to go and get closed gaming headsets.

Ok. So are they alot better than my v-moda's?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ok. So are they alot better than my v-moda's?

Not better, but different. Different usage. 

Not better, but different. Different usage.

But so will they sound better than my v-modas in a queit and private environment like my home?

a vastly different feel to the sound 

currently on my desk I'm interchanging between a vmoda and an ath ad700

you'll notice a lot of mids and most importantly a wide airy soundstage

But so will they sound better than my v-modas in a queit and private environment like my home?

I would say so. Open design will do you better in game/VoIP, and the lighter, larger design will mean that they are more comfortable for long periods of time. 

a vastly different feel to the sound

currently on my desk I'm interchanging between a vmoda and an ath ad700

you'll notice a lot of mids and most importantly a wide airy soundstage

OK then I think I'll get them

I would say so. Open design will do you better in game/VoIP, and the lighter, larger design will mean that they are more comfortable for long periods of time.

Yeah my v-modas are very comfortable but after a while I feel the inside of the headphone putting pressure on my right ear (never my left)

Yeah my v-modas are very comfortable but after a while I feel the inside of the headphone putting pressure on my right ear (never my left)

And I am willing to bet that your ears get sweaty at some point too? That issue will also go away if it is an issue for you. 

And I am willing to bet that your ears get sweaty at some point too? That issue will also go away if it is an issue for you.

no not rely, my eats are fine in temp. But after a few hours my right ear really starts to hurt from the pressure of the metal cage inside.

no not rely, my eats are fine in temp. But after a few hours my right ear really starts to hurt from the pressure of the metal cage inside.

Well the pads are thicker and the cup is deeper, so that solves that. 

(Your ears didn't get sweaty with V-Moda's, kinda jealous.)

Well the pads are thicker and the cup is deeper, so that solves that.

(Your ears didn't get sweaty with V-Moda's, kinda jealous.)

I could also buy thicker ear pads from v-moda but I would like to try out s different style headphone for at home use.

I could also buy thicker ear pads from v-moda but I would like to try out s different style headphone for at home use.

Solid enough plan. I just rolled tissue under the pads in an attempt to make them deeper. 

yep welcome to the multiheadphone club. gotta catch em all. 

income furnace club* hype!

income furnace club* hype!

I don't have an income, I'm 14

I don't have an income, I'm 14

I have car payments that eat $275 of my $300 +/- income :D 

If you're upgrading from a membrane keyboard, I think you will notice the difference of that more than upgrading headphones.

no see I can get a lower priced mech and these, or just a higher priced mech so I was going to get both

Yep 558 are much better than any keyboard that cost the same (and I don't care if the keyboard comes with a Russian slave).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yep 558 are much better than any keyboard that cost the same (and I don't care if the keyboard comes with a Russian slave).

Im saying i can get the 558 and a good keyboard, or just a flashy keyboard that is no more use than the other.

So no mater what im getting a keyboard

So ill get the quickfire tk and the 558

Im saying i can get the 558 and a good keyboard, or just a flashy keyboard that is no more use than the other.

So no mater what im getting a keyboard

So ill get the quickfire tk and the 558

I was engaging in a domestic technicality when I read the OP sorry,  At any rate my advice would have been the same.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.