My camera kit is now complete!

I finally cracked and picked up the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 for Sony E-mount. The price finally dropped low enough for me to pull the trigger. My camera kit is now more or less complete, at least in terms of essentials:
Sony A7rIII
Tamron 17-28mm 2.8
Tokina 20mm f2
Sony 24-105mm f/4
Sigma 100-400mm 5-6.3

I've got a few items in the "maybe" bucket. These are "nice to have but not a priority." These include:
Sony 20mm 1.8 (It has slightly better coma than my Tokina for shooting the stars... off chance on this one. Not sure if it's worth the minor IQ improvement)

Tamron 70-300mm (Tempting if I get back into multi-day hiking and cycling trips where every gram of weight counts... if I can ever afford to do so)

Sony A6100 (This one's way out in left-field. Was toying with the idea of slapping this on my Sigma 100-400 for an equivalent of 150-600mm. But my A7rIII shoots 18mp stills in APS-C mode... and I don't know if an A6100 is worth it for an extra 6mp. It would be handy not having to constantly switch lenses, though)

Benro GD3WH geared tripod head (again, for multi-day hiking trips since it's almost half the weight of my Manfrotto 410 junior geared head and arca-Swiss compatible)

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

11 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

I finally cracked and picked up the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 for Sony E-mount. The price finally dropped low enough for me to pull the trigger. My camera kit is now more or less complete, at least in terms of essentials:
Sony A7rIII
Tamron 17-28mm 2.8
Tokina 20mm f2
Sony 24-105mm f/4
Sigma 100-400mm 5-6.3

I've got a few items in the "maybe" bucket. These are "nice to have but not a priority." These include:
Sony 20mm 1.8 (It has slightly better coma than my Tokina for shooting the stars... off chance on this one. Not sure if it's worth the minor IQ improvement)

Tamron 70-300mm (Tempting if I get back into multi-day hiking and cycling trips where every gram of weight counts... if I can ever afford to do so)

Sony A6100 (This one's way out in left-field. Was toying with the idea of slapping this on my Sigma 100-400 for an equivalent of 150-600mm. But my A7rIII shoots 18mp stills in APS-C mode... and I don't know if an A6100 is worth it for an extra 6mp. It would be handy not having to constantly switch lenses, though)

Benro GD3WH geared tripod head (again, for multi-day hiking trips since it's almost half the weight of my Manfrotto 410 junior geared head and arca-Swiss compatible)

you mean for the time being

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

9 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

you mean for the time being

Isn't that always the case? ;)

1 hour ago, YellowJersey said:

Isn't that always the case? ;)

just avoid visiting camera shops, forums, magazines/sites, etc. that tempt you into looking at more gear..
or maybe take up another expensive hobby that leaves you very little money left to buy new camera gear.

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

1 hour ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

just avoid visiting camera shops, forums, magazines/sites, etc. that tempt you into looking at more gear..
or maybe take up another expensive hobby that leaves you very little money left to buy new camera gear.

Ah yes, Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I know it well.