Confusion!

Filingo

So I got a GTX 1060 6gb from a friend at no cost. I completed the following build:

Then I saw on PcPartPicker a "Decent Intel Build" suggestion, and I saw that I can build a 9400f + 1660super/ti build for almost the same price, and even less if I actually manage to sell the GTX 1060 for a few $, this is the build:

Now I'm very confused because, I saw that the 9400F is better for gaming (I'm not OCing), and I also get better GPU at lower price (If I actually sell the 1060). I had all the parts in the cart for the AMD build.. now I'm not sure what I should do!

Thanks!

The AMD build has overpriced parts, specifically in the motherboard and power supply 

9400F isn't worth the price and platform its on 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

U mean that I can use a cheap B450 instead? Or the price shown on PPP is higher than it should? Also, what would you suggest that I do ?

well if you want to go intel i suggest 10100/f/k or 10400/f/k

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

3 minutes ago, Filingo said:

U mean that I can use a cheap B450 instead? Or the price shown on PPP is higher than it should? Also, what would you suggest that I do ?

Yes

I would get a cheaper case too

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

the 3600 is better than the 9400f in almost all games.

Thank you! Wow. But From the B450 all I can buy is Gigabyte boards and I know their VRMs arent that good. but is it good enough if I do not OC?

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

Thank you! Wow. But From the B450 all I can buy is Gigabyte boards and I know their VRMs arent that good. but is it good enough if I do not OC?

Suppose it would help if we knew where you were buying from.

Yes its fine if you don't overclock, probably wouldnt with 3600 anyways

I buy from a local store, and the prices are almost identical to PcPartPicker lowest prices, so it's the same. he only has Gigabyte B450 boards

On 11/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, Filingo said:

for a r5 3600, yes, they would be enough. just get one that has vrm heatsinks, not the ones without. what models are available and at  what prices?

If you want you can maybe try and grab a 5600x? Although that would be an extra 100 dollars. You would also need a motehrboard w a better vrm most likely for a 5600x

geometry is hard
b550 > x570