Confusing freezing problem, unsure of cause

I have had a problem for a while where if I played BDO on high settings, within about an hour or so of play, my computer's video will freeze (audio still plays normally from what I can tell) for a couple seconds and then come back. The game will either crash after that or start running again but at a lower (but not under 60) framerate. This isn't vsync doing its thing either since I have a 165hz monitor. But the fps part doesn't matter much. I'm trying to figure out the source of the problem. At first I thought it might be my GTX 1080's vram since it started happening around the time of a failed vram overclock that resulted in me needing to hit the reset button but now I'm not too sure. I've tried (and am still trying) to stress test the vram with OCCT and it hasn't had any errors. I've tried running benchmarks like unigen superposition without issue as well. But I'm not completely eliminating my card as the source of the problem because it seems to be video related. Another thing I can think of would be my RAM which isn't actually on the QVL for my motherboard, but it seems to run just fine. I haven't ran a memory test for longer than 30 minutes though and there's another thing that makes me suspect it's memory related. Whenever I update my boards BIOS to ANYTHING past version 2605 I get unbearable BSODs that occur anywhere from right when you log in, to about 5-10 minutes later. Meaning I can't test newer versions of the BIOS to see if that's the problem because it just ends up BSODing before I can see if any freezes happen. I've also tried downclocking my memory from 3200 to its 3000mhz stock clockspeed with no success. The last thing that I haven't 100% eliminated is if it's a software problem. I've reinstalled Windows and used different video drivers and all that but I haven't actually reinstalled bdo from nothing, I just transferred it to and from my hard drive before reinstalling Windows. However I have cleared any temp/cache/userdata and verified files on steam several times. If anyone has any ideas of what might be going on with BDO or the BIOS BSODs your insight will be appreciated.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

First system specs.

What does the BSOD log file say?

What is in the event log?

BSOD is HW or Driver related most of the time. 

But need to see what the blue screen tells you.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

First system specs.

My bad, I forgot I didn't have a signature anymore.

Ryzen 5 3600

16GB Team group TFORCE DDR4-3000

ASUS STRIX B450F GAMING

Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extreme

EVGA GS650w

Less important specs on profile

BSODs had a couple different messages, if I recall correctly IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL was the most common one. I think there were a couple driver related ones but I can't think of what driver would be interfering with anything considering they are all up to date including the chipset driver.

Edit: I will check logs in a moment when I get back to my PC

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

29 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

First system specs.

I found that 2/4 of the BSODs were associated with a driver. The first one being amdppm.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) and the second one being wdf01000.sys (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED). Researching both of these shows that a common cause between the 2 is memory or drivers. Which makes me think that at least this part of it is memory related. However it does work on BIOS 2605 and I'm not sure if this is tied to the issue with BDO. 

I may try to borrow a set of memory from someone to test and see if I need to buy a new kit that's listed on the QVL.

✨PC Specs✨

14 minutes ago, MoonlightSylv said:

I found that 2/4 of the BSODs were associated with a driver. The first one being amdppm.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) and the second one being wdf01000.sys (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED). Researching both of these shows that a common cause between the 2 is memory or drivers. Which makes me think that at least this part of it is memory related. However it does work on BIOS 2605 and I'm not sure if this is tied to the issue with BDO. 

I may try to borrow a set of memory from someone to test and see if I need to buy a new kit that's listed on the QVL.

You could run memtest and see if it throws errors in the mean time.

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You could run memtest and see if it throws errors in the mean time.

I'm going to run memtest86 overnight. I'll see if anything comes up. Thanks for your help and goodnight.

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, MoonlightSylv said:

I'm going to run memtest86 overnight. I'll see if anything comes up. Thanks for your help and goodnight.

Welcome, night.